Job description / Role
The Head of Intelligence will be reporting into the Group Head of Strategy and will be leading an agile and dynamic team of experts in industry and consumer intelligence for the Group. He / she will be responsible for overseeing the development and transformation of the Group's expertise in terms of industry and consumer understanding. He / she will work closely with their Intelligence, strategy & Growth counterparts and will actively interface with Management, partners and business units to ensure that the intelligence provided allows on the market needed to make more informed and data-driven decisions, while keeping the consumer at the heart. He / she will ensure a strong relationship with internal partners as well as building a strong external network to strengthen the Group's visibility on their industries and consumers. He/she will have to understand the business requirements, turn them into business cases and be able to find the most relevant approach to provide an answer.
Driving and transforming Consumer and Industry intelligence
- Assign and manage individual objectives for performance management purposes
- Lead and empower team members
- Ensure the growth and professional development of the team whether through technical upskilling or coaching
- Assess and optimise Intelligence tools to ensure relevance for management and business partners
- Scouting for new digital research techniques, methodologies and vast knowledge on tools to capture live data and insights
- Synthesise disparate data sources to digestible top line summary reports that provide a view on the strategic big picture
Custodian of the consumer's voice
- Identify and design Group proprietary insights on strategic or operational topics, from conceptualisation to analysis of results and roll out internally and externally
- Acting as an internal consultant on consumer research
- Leading the Consumer Insights Committee and involve key stakeholders (Strategic Marketing, MUSE, Data Office) in the committee to identify the various consumer knowledge gaps on a companywide level and ensuring actionable outcomes
- Proactive and constant engagement with internal stakeholders to support them on their Intelligence needs
- Lead and champion deep understanding of shifts in consumer demands and future facing foresight by identifying and monitoring consumer motivations, behaviours, pain points, interactions with the fashion / beauty retail in general.
- Guide senior and brand leaders in asking the right questions and co-building their consumer research plans to answer them.
- Ensure the development of the consumer intelligence in KSA leveraging the Consumer Analyst based in KSA.
Evolving Industry Intelligence
- Position Chalhoub Group as the expert of High end fashion and Prestige Beauty markets
- Drive the creation a network of experts (whether internally or externally) and maintain relationships to provide / gather operationally relevant data and industry insights
- Ensuring the continuous improvement of methodologies to ensure data accuracy and robustness
- Understand business needs across different activities by regularly meeting concerned stakeholders, collecting their feedback and drive the adoption of the same to ensure actionability.
- Be a team player, creative, motivated, with good presentation skills, analytical and flexible
- Strong understanding of business needs and ability to turn insights into action through knowledge generation and activation (not just data collection)
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders across functional teams, with experience presenting to mid-level management
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with at least six years in a similar role
- Experience of research study is a must
- Experience in the research department of strategic consultancies would be valued
- Experience in the beauty and /or fashion field would be valued
- Arabic (read, written and spoken) would be a bonus
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.