Job description / Role
Title of Position: Head of IT Service Delivery
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Number of subordinates: 30+
Transform IT Service Delivery into an efficient and process-oriented organization, ensuring the best performance of our business systems. Build flexible and scalable infrastructure that enables time to market and provide secure working environment to our users, partners and customers and ensure resiliency of our business systems. Provide the best and most efficient user support experience possible through innovative and cutting-edge technologies, envisioning cloud and DevOps technologies.
Assure all BAU costs are kept under control and investments are made with a best value for money approach.
Key Performance Areas
Area of Knowledge:
• The job requires excellent command of information technology, with notable experience in Operations, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Project Management.
• Work in conjunction with the Chief Information Officer in the development of the IT Services medium and long term strategy (3 to 5 years) to support the wider Group business strategy whilst also being mindful of and supporting other Group strategic initiatives
• Responsible for developing and agreeing the annual operating budget for IT Services in line with Regional Finance budgeting process and timescale being accountable for the appropriate expenditure of the agreed budget
• Responsible for planning the delivery of the development programs identified within the IT Services Strategy, establishing and managing complex projects over varying timescales (typically 6 to 18 months in duration)
• Responsible for the day to day operational effectiveness of Management Information Systems ensuring that systems operate and deliver the requirements expected by their respective business owners
• Responsible for the line management of a team of IT Service Managers, covering all IT Operations and Infrastructure.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining external relationships with key external providers such as Systems and telecommunication providers
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining working relationships with internal key stakeholders to ensure all group wide initiatives on technology improvements are adhered to
• Responsible with the CISO for the development and deployment of IT Security projects and effective Disaster Recovery Plan ensuring that IT Systems can be maintained or re-started with minimal disruption to the continuity of the business.
• Responsible for keeping abreast of technological developments
• Broad knowledge of the company’s products, competitors and general insurance market across the Gulf region
• Good knowledge of technology, systems and applications
• Good knowledge of budgeting
• Good knowledge of technologies and suppliers
• The job holder has line management responsibility for a team of managers and highly qualified systems and application support engineers. The job holder is responsible for setting objectives, monitoring performance and recommending merit review increases.
• Service Delivery team
Key Direct Customers
• ExCom, Country managers and senior managers across AXA Gulf, AXA Tech and AXA Group
• Various external systems and development companies in & outside of the Gulf Region
Level of Discretion
Independent Thought and Judgment:
• The job requires significant level of independent thought and judgment to address the complexity of creating technological solutions to address business issues
• The job does not follow prescribed operating practices and therefore has to respond and react to different circumstances in innovative and creative ways
• The job requires high levels of judgment in selecting technologies to address business issues from a range of possible technologies and providers
Level of Authority:
• The job operates within the confines of an agreed financial budget. The job holder is authorized to commit to expenditure in line with the agreed budget and according to the delegation of authority given by the CIO. Unbudgeted expenditure and overspend must be authorized by the CIO, in conjunction with the CEO and CFO.
AED 45,000 to 55,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Minimum Requirements for the Role
Secondary or Tertiary Education:
• Master’s Degree in Information Technology
No. of Years’ Experience
• 12+ years of experience in the IT industry
• 8+ years of management experience
Functional Skills/Industry Knowledge
• Strong understanding of IT architecture, IT Security, Systems and Business solutions, Networking, etc
• Solid project/program management skills deploying large-scale cross enterprise IT systems implementations
• Strategic vision
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Good listening and presentation skills
• Able to work independently
• Strong team leadership skills
• Ability to make an impact and persuade
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Result oriented
• Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members
• Adaptability to creatively and innovatively find solutions to problem
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Ability to recognize and resolve conflict
About the Company
One of the leading Recruitment Agencies in UAE.