Job description / Role
Quest Search and Selection is working with a premier retail group in the Middle East, who is currently looking for a Head of Merchandising. We are ideally looking for someone who has extensive experience in the fashion retail sector.
As Head of Merchandising, your responsibilities will include:
* Lead the planning and merchandising strategies of assigned brands
* Own, develop, and drive the assigned product brands to exceed sales and profit budgets
* Manage and develop the merchandising and planning team
* Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports
* Ensure delivery of the agreed profitability across brand categories
* Lead in the development of a network of suppliers
* Monitor and deliver category and range performances against financial objectives
* Develop and implement buying plans, product development, purchasing and range sales strategies with the retail team
* Develop high competitor and market awareness within the team
* Bachelor’s degree with proven experience in planning and merchandising for at least 8 years
* Preferably with experience in the Fashion Retail industry
* Background in Project Management Office (PMO), Change Governance
* Strong project management, people management, organizational, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
* Senior-level written and verbal communication skills
* Working knowledge of ERP (e.g. Oracle)
In return for your handwork and success, the company is willing to pay an attractive tax-free salary along with great benefits.
If you feel you have what it takes to become part of this successful company, then please apply with an up to date CV.
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.