Head of Operational Risk
Job description / Role
As the Head of Operational Risk, you will be responsible for the development of high-quality content to facilitate strategic discussions between the risk team and senior management.
A very successful, leading organisation in the Abu Dhabi investing heavily in the redesign of their existing portfolio.
* Define the risk-based framework, design the risk analysis templates and produce mitigation plans.
* You will provide risk oversight and governance on Finance, IT and Cybersecurity, Strategy, Procurement and administration, Legal and Compliance and Operational Excellence.
* Undertakes risk assessments and continue to monitor action plans and any emerging risks that may impact the individual functions.
* Ensure adequate business continuity management is in place across the entire group.
* Ensure internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR) are implemented across key processes and collaborate with external auditors.
* Undertaken deep dive cyber risk assessment across the group and produce relevant reports with risks and mitigations.
* Design, author and produce high quality risk reports/memos for the Audit and Risk Committee, Board of Directors, and Senior Management.
* Opportunity to lead a new function to create something in your own vision.
* Very exciting leadership role for someone to lead a large-scale Risk function
* Opportunity to work for a leading, high-profile organisation.
* Overall of 17+ years of experience of a combination of working in Management Consulting (Big4, etc) and in buy-side investments (SWF, Hedge Funds, PE). Large conglomerate work experience will also be advantageous.
* Strong understanding and practical application of IT related ISO (including but not limited to ISO 20000, ISO 27001, and ISO 22301) and COBIT. Strong understanding of ICOFR.
* Deep knowledge of Enterprise risk management having delivered similar program in previous positions.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Finance Senior Business Partner
Sales Manager - SaaS
Group VP - Corporate Governance and Risk