Job description / Role
• Manage, lead and direct all teams across multiple schools, that deal with site/facilities, finance, and operations.
• Manage all associated areas to maintain high levels of health, safety and security.
• Support the Chief Operating Officer to develop the business in line with the strategic platforms; Growth, Operational Excellence, Developing our People, Customer Endorsement
• Key Relationships (Internal and External): Principals, Heads of Schools, Central Office Finance, Operations & Procurement Departments, Facilities Manager, HR Business Partners, Accounts, Third Party Suppliers, Parents, Regulatory Bodies.
• Staff Management
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships and engage in positive communication with all staff, senior leaders and the Principal.
• Provide leadership for Facilities Management teams.
• This includes ensuring they adhere to their accountabilities and KPIs, supporting their professional development, conducting appraisals, and addressing performance issues.
• Ensure adherence to Taaleem’s policies and procedures and ensure all supervised staff do as well.
• Increased revenue generation in line with agreed targets and improved quality of provision across the following:
• External Extracurricular activities and rentals
• School Uniforms
• Support the Operations Assistants with finance related tasks within the school.
• Ensure financial deadlines and accountancy rules and regulations are met as per the standards set by Central Office.
• Assist with financial audits and any related queries.
• Handle queries and complaints as and when these are escalated by either the Facilities Managers or Operation Assistants.
• Purchasing and Contract Management
• Provide oversight of service related contracts, which includes ensuring providers deliver services per their contract and confirming to Central Office Head of Operations that all services are rendered as required.
• In collaboration with school staff, assist in the purchase of local supplies and services as required.
• Purchases must adhere with the Taaleem Procurement Policy.
• Ensure schools provide Central Office Procurement with any requested documents in a timely manner to facilitate the payment of any monthly invoices.
• Take responsibility, within the limitations of the school budgets, for the proper upkeep of all school furniture, fixtures and fittings and report back to the Central Office Head of Operations or delegated person over any issues that may require repair and/or replacement so proper funding can be planned/allocated in advance whenever possible.
• Monitor security, group cleaning, catering, and other relevant contracts to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and value for money.
• In coordination with Central Office Procurement, prepare any tender documents for renewal or any contract changes.
• Responsible for the letting of school premises to outside organizations and school staff, and for the development of all school facilities for out of school use with particular reference to the local community.
• Work in conjunction with the schools on short (immediate), medium (up to and including summer works) and long-term (3-year cycle) maintenance and improvement requirements.
• This includes creating a rolling program of maintenance comprising of decoration, renovation/upgrades and repairs. In addition, judicious use of the school’s maintenance budget for minor repairs as well as regular improvements requires proactively seeking the views and vision of Central Office Operations.
Health and Safety
• As lead health and safety officer, ensure that all aspects of the all schools within the cluster meet / exceed all related requirements stated by Taaleem, government authorities, and the school.
• Any concerns and/or improvements should be immediately reported to the Facilities Managers (MEP related matters).
• Support the schools and/or their delegates with the administration of the Crisis Management and Reporting protocol if/when required.
• Track accidents and injuries at all schools. Lead efforts for changes / improvements to any grounds, building, equipment, and/or facilities that may have caused or contributed to accidents or injuries. Report such occurrences and remedies to the either the Central Office Head of Operations and Facilities Managers.
• Ensure adequate and proper signage related to health and safety are in place.
• Ensure effective and safe transportation is provided. This includes school bus transportation and Taaleem drivers as applicable.
• Ensure all relevant policies related to H&S are up to date and adhered to.
• Ensure that buildings and premises comply with all requirements of the Ministry of Health and Safety
• Regulations, Municipality, Civil Defense and other Governmental bodies including the education regulator.
• Ensure security, cleaning, and contracted staff such as canteen, clinic, and lifeguards have the correct government documentation in place (i.e. occupational health cards) to be authorised to work in the school. Advise either the Operations Assistants or Facilities Managers and address any gaps immediately.
• Be able to provide copies of all facilities maintenance and other school services contracts to authorities as and when required.
• Ensure all schools are prepared for an inspection from Government transportation authorities demonstrating full compliance with government requirements per the Central Office Operations issued checklist.
• Ensure compliance with Taaleem policies and procedures, and that all employees are trained in and familiar with relevant policies and procedures including, procurement and health and safety.
• Responsible for regulatory and legal compliance in Operations, and all relevant Government authorities.
• Report and advise on matters relating to energy use (such as cooling/heating levels throughout the buildings; pool; gymnasium etc.) Ensure all schools are aware of energy conservation of both energy and water and actively encourage such conservation by serving as the school’s conservation lead (e.g. switch off lights, control water and AC).
• Put forward and undertake initiatives that will bring about the reduction in utility bills whilst ensuring the standards of the all schools are maintained and/or improved.
• Key Performance Indicators
• Increased revenues via third party contracts.
• Increased quality of provision via third party contracts.
• Expenditures managed within budget parameters.
• Number and severity of breaches to established operational (including health and safety) protocols per
• Taaleem and school-based policies and procedures.
• Number of stakeholder complaints and ability to effectively resolve complaints when reasonably expected.
• Buildings and grounds cleaned and maintained to a high standard monitored through feedback from routine visits from Central Office.
• Education: Bachelor Degree or Industry Related qualification at similar level.
• Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role (e.g. facilities, procurement) ideally in an Educational
• Institution or related service provider Industry.
• Competencies: Team management, operations management and compliance experience, working with regulatory bodies, strategic planning and business development, strong IT skills and logistics.
• Attributes: Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to problem solve and support staff with complex issues.
• Empathic to all staff and supportive to overcome problems that affect personal circumstances.
• Visionary in terms of the development of systems and structures yet attention to detail on day to day operational tasks.
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Operations Manager
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
A Leading Private Company in UAE
Facilities Management Operations Manager
Operations Supervisor (Facilities Management)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Mar|