Job description / Role
A Multinational global leader in engineered products for the protection of coastlines, waterways and floating structures, is looking for a pro-active and experienced Head of Operations who will have a wide breadth of responsibilities, including project management, production, engineering, and supply chain operations ensuring the workforce is productive.
The role will include working closely with other senior staff or executives on strategic planning, ensuring that the staff are all aware of the operational best practices and implementing new technologies. The ideal candidate will have a proven senior management experience in highly dynamic setting and enjoys developing innovative solutions that push boundaries.
As this function is crucial for the success of our business, a candidate who has a strong sense of ownership and pride in his performance with an analytical and strategic mind with a broad knowledge of the business is our preference.
• Leads the planning and implementation of marine product orders, installation & maintenance from work order, estimation, resources allocation, production, delivery, and close outs, aiming a 100% delivery on time & client satisfaction, within the scope & budget.
• Liaise with internal resources and third parties for a flawless execution of installation & maintenance services and production of the company’s products.
• Provide operational technical knowledge to sales for bidding purposes such as service duration, required equipment, relevant factors to be taken in consideration.
• Attends site visits and client’s meetings, providing operational and technical solutions.
• Ensures that HSE management systems, QA/C are implemented & regularly reviewed throughout the life of the installation & maintenance services and production.
• Leads both preventative and corrective maintenance of company assets (ie. boats, vehicles, beach cleaning machines, generators, diving equipment, etc.).
• Prepares and implement production plan, installation & maintenance services plan, staff planner including the company drivers’ schedule & deliveries, material purchase plan & reviews to track progress, ensuring 100% utilization and sufficient level of stock / consumption.
• Full control in leading the engineering department, from review & approvals of drawings, work order, products & services cost & estimations, and any other technical documents (ie. MAR, method statements, risk assessments, etc.), ensuring completion of tasks on time.
• Leads and guides the team during development of new products and improvement of existing ones.
• Review and approves PO’s for project and materials for stock. Evaluates prices and finding alternative material suppliers.
• Main driver of the order execution internally, ensuring efficiency and alignment on costs and budgets from sales, engineering, production, and installation & maintenance services’ side.
• Overall control over Maintenance & Services, Production, Engineering, Logistics cost budget lines.
• Drives operational strategy and be responsible for the team performance, and KPIs.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the industry including challenges and opportunities in the sector.
• Actively foster open lines of communication and effective collaboration within and across teams.
• Any ad-hoc tasks assigned from time to time.
• Proven experience as Head of Operations, or similar role within SME (small-medium enterprise), preferably in the marine industry, including marine barriers, aids to navigation, inland waterways, oil containment, turbidity measures, coastal protection & aquaculture will help you get on board.
• Hands on approach, experience leading small to medium-size teams including labours as well as engineers and technical profiles.
• Familiarity with all business functions including production, maintenance & services, supply chain, and engineering in the same industry.
• Experience installation services, maintenance, project tracking, creating organizational consensus, and managing deadlines with a strong sense of urgency.
• Experience in developing budgets and business plans.
• Lead by example and willingness to roll up your sleeves side by side with the team.
• Has the passion for working in a fast-paced agile product & services environment.
• Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Marine/Coastal Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any relevant technical discipline.
About the Company
A leading multinational manufacturing company in the UAE.