Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
As Senior Manager you will be responsible for the following:
• To develop reports and management information to enable committees and senior management to make informed portfolio capital allocation decisions in context of business strategy, risk strategy and regulatory limits;
• The initial building of the reporting suite will require utilizing existing resources spanning the 1st and 2nd LoD; including: pipeline reports, account planning information, annual renewal schedules, customer risk-adjusted profitability reports, IFRS 9 ECL data sets, collateral reports, credit trends (i.e. sector performance / customer leverage / cost of credit analysis / credit rating trends / concentration, Risk Appetite), loan amortization schedules, and other regulatory & risk reports. And, relevant external market information i.e. government spending plans, central bank reports and economic outlooks;
• Develop feasible RWA mitigation and risk reduction strategies seeking to improving overall returns whilst meeting portfolio composition targets;
• Contribute to the cost-of-credit risk reviews - partnering with Finance, Credit, and the Business i.e. IFRS 9 ECL, RAROC;
• Participate in the development of RAROC and other risk based pricing tools for 1st LoD to manage pricing and portfolio diversification objectives;
• Review portfolio data to ensure appropriate risk weight and sector classification;
• Support the development of Pillar II Concentration Risk models and their application in risk-based pricing / decision making;
• Develop an understanding of the portfolio maturity profile to highlight risks of developing concentrations - on a contractual basis and expected behavioral basis;
• Provide advice and recommendations on structuring to mitigate concentration risk and provisioning requirements, and highlight potential provisioning cliff effects;
• Review credit proposals, providing written recommendations to the sanctioning authorities taking into account the aforementioned analysis;
• Recommend asset purchases and hedges or disposals (to the extent possible) that would benefit portfolio risk / return;
• Develop business requirements for the data warehouse and other management information systems to improve the efficiency of portfolio reporting;
• Support implementing regulatory and internal policy/guideline changes, and audit points.
• Degree in finance, accountancy, banking studies, mathematics, quantitative methods, IT, business.
• Professional (preferred): accountancy & finance / CFA / MBA.
• 10 + years' experience working in Financial / Risk roles, with a good understating of wholesale banking activities;
• Experience in capital allocation in context of portfolio and / or balance sheet management;
• Good knowledge of Basel II capital requirements - Standardised and Internal Ratings Based approaches;
• Understanding / experience of wholesale credit risk processes and booking systems;
• Understanding of accounting principles, i.e. fair valuation, and IFRS 9 provisioning and specific loan loss provisions.
• Strong data handling and data science skills - ability to apply a range of quantitative techniques and be able to surface key information for decision makers
• Software: strong Excel, BI tools, statistical and data visualization;
• Excellent report and presentation skills utilizing financial and non-financial information;
• Planning and organizing skills across multiple stakeholders.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.