Job description / Role
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading the sourcing strategy of fresh produce for the Middle East operations.
Confidential - Within the fresh produce industry
You will be responsible for:
* Managing the procurement function (25+)
* Sourcing, Negotiating valuable agreements with local and global suppliers of fresh produce
* Lead cost saving initiatives that drive value and increase profitability for the company
* Must be a driven leader with the ability to guide and coach multicultural diverse teams
You will be eligible for the following:
* 45,000 AED - 50,000 AED per month
* Inclusive of housing, basic & transport
* Family visa, health care, flights & Education
* You will also be eligible for performance based bonus
To be successful in this hiring process please DO NOT APPLY if you do not have the following experience:
* 10+ years in fresh produce procurement
* MUST have 3-5 years experience sourcing fresh produce in the UAE
* MUST be experienced in managing a team of multicultural staff of more than 20
* Expert knowledge and credible experience driving cost savings initiatives
* Able to demonstrate clear leadership capabilities and business acumen.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.