Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a superstar Head of Production at a fresh boutique content production house specializing in video, photography and digital media creation.
The HOD will be joining an established department and managing the day to day operations, working with and managing in-house and freelance teams, building relationships with new and existing clients to develop their content plans and deliver their project requirements, and produce project content from initial brief to final delivery.
• Manages the department on a day-to-day basis being the main point of contact for all stakeholders including office employees, clients and shareholders
• Acts as the main strategic planning stakeholder of the department in alignment with the Line Manager
• Designs the annual department business and operations plan in coordination with the Line Manager
• Executes business and operations strategy as per the annual rate pan objectives
• Strategic planning for the growth and development of Production House
Sales & Marketing & Business Development:
• Proposes a quarterly Sales & Marketing Plan that summarizes the key actions, accounts, projects that will be targeted/executed in order to hit the Business Plan targets
• Monitors client behaviour, volume of business and profit, number and types of confirmed projects, revenue forecasts, project pipeline and the like
• Establishes actions based on commercial analysis to optimize the operational, increase the business and act proactively to keep a healthy business pipeline
• Aims to grow business, client base, and revenue performance through specific actions that are part of the commercial plan
• Identifies and creates strategic partnerships with third parties that can add value, generate business or bring general benefit to the department in agreement with the Line Manager
• Sets up key client meetings in parallel with the Line Manager, if required
• Acts as the main responsible for seeking, securing, and delivering projects
• Manages the key department accounts and all client-servicing requirements
• Participates in the consolidation of the overall visual identity and corporate communications of the brand including (but not limited to): graphic design, stationary, collateral, brand guidelines, website, show-reel, company credentials, infographic animations, videos and the like
• Management of companies social media accounts
• Manages Production House resources efficiently aiming for its best possible performance in relation all major department KPIs
• Supervises every project and account by evaluating the performance of the assigned suppliers and internal resources
• Learns and follows the internal processes and procedures orchestrated by the Line Manager and suggests improvements where/when possible. Including management of the systems and operations plans.
• Creates and maintains processes, systems, instructions and procedures to make sure that all staff members work coordinately and seamlessly by orchestrating their collective interactions while supervising their individual performance
• Acts as the main troubleshooting resource on all projects where required
• Supervises all budget decisions and ensures that they are aligned with the pricing and Profit directions
• Works alongside the Finance Manager and Line Manager to set and track department revenue and profit targets on a monthly and quarterlybasisas well as department overheads and operational expenses
• Ensures that all financial information generated by the department's operation is timely and accurately shared with the Finance Manager
• Supervises the daily performance of the department’s staff
• Provides special attention to training, coaching and mentoring Production team and key (frequently hired) freelancers that shall become an extension of the in-house team
• Plans for potential new hirings if required, participating in recruitment processes
• Plans for the annual leave calendar of the team, including his/hers, so as to keep smooth operations
AED 22,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + Generous Profit Share
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Production, Film and Client Servicing experience.
This is a very exciting opportunity to run a successful and already established Production Company with top quality clients. We need someone positive, driven, relentless, organized, and caring who represent company well.
About the Company
Event Lab is a UAE-based event solutions agency founded in 2013 by Murad Shisha and Nadim Jamal. As freelancers themselves, they saw a genuine shortage of representation among the freelance community in the region and decided to take matters into their own hands.
And so, Event Lab was born - a unique platform of support and services for freelancers and clients alike. In less than 2 years, they've assembled a vast and quality-driven database of independent professionals with a wide range of skills and backgrounds, in addition to an intimate understanding of the region.
Event Lab is the solutions and resourcing partner for events agencies around the GCC. We support the scoping, pitching and execution of events by supplementing in-house resources with knowledgeable and experienced events professionals. With an extensive background throughout the region, we can communicate effectively in English and Arabic to ensure that suppliers, talent and crew can engage and coordinate efficiently while keeping your event on budget and to the highest of standards.
Marketing & Communication Manager
Event Management Professional
Big Fish Recruitment
The Camel Soap Factory LLC