Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Head of Project Controls with a minimum of 10 years' experience in the performance management a portfolio of large complex projects.
Drawing on your existing experience of ensuring the successful outcome of projects, you will be responsible for ensuring projects are set up robustly and managed through to completion in a successful manner through regular communication with the PM community, and others, on how the projects are progressing, utilising appropriate KPIs and other metrics.
Key requirements include
- Degree in a technical or financial discipline, with a minimum of 10 years' experience, preferably with 5 years in the GCC market;
- Track record of delivering portfolios of work (enterprise level) from inception through to delivery;
- Demonstrable record of driving and sustaining business change and improvement;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirements;
- Strategic business-based thinking and commercially astute and assertive approach to influence the desired results;
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects
- Strong Understanding of the GCC market and of Atkins' position within it;
- Excellent language, report writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead a small focussed team in a large multi-national organization
- Support in the creation, development and administration of baseline and actual programmes (P6) for all projects, along with programme templates to support an efficient bidding process;
- Ongoing analysis of earned value and design efficiency, including detailed explanation of variances to agreed baseline on a monthly basis;
- Reporting and highlighting the time and cost impact of scope change and prolongation across the portfolio of Divisional Projects;
- Identify long-term and short-term resource needs at a divisional and functional level;
- Monthly Progress Updates, internal and external, for all projects;
- Assist in training the Deliver Work team, Client Teams and Design Directors on the Deliver Work strategy and processes;
- Support the Win Work team in the bidding process through the supply of relevant delivery metrics for actual historical time and cost performance;
- Promote a culture of learning, innovation and improvement within the Deliver-Work team;
- Create development and succession plans for direct reports.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Be resilient with a "can do" attitude and able to work under pressure
- Be collaborative and able to work across country, regional and business boundaries
- Be focused on delivering to agree objectives and standards
- Assert independent views and challenge when appropriate
- Willing to challenge the status quo to improve business performance
- Provide the principal point of contact with the PM community in relation to project performance across all projects in the region
- Support client teams where necessary throughout the Atkins internal governance process;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant operational, project, technical, financial and commercial staff
- Support the Project Manager in the resolution of problems
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).