Job description / Role
About the Role
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and exceptional Head of Secondary. The successful candidate will play a major role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the Principal/CEO in leading the whole school strategically, operationally and financially.
The Head of Secondary provides day to day leadership and management to ensure effective delivery of quality education. Responsibilities will include operational leadership, academic performance management, pastoral care, involvement in staff recruitment, inductions and training.
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Be an effective and dynamic leader (Head or exceptional Deputy) with a proven track record in school improvement; moreover, possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
- Be rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Be able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff, promoting and developing approaches to learning.
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of delivery at KS4 and post-16 ( A Level experience is essential).
- Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Applicants will be fully qualified teachers with significant leadership experience, preferably within a UK curriculum environment.
The successful candidate will have clear communication skills both verbal & written and exceptional organisational skills. Refined interpersonal skills and experience of leading a large and high performing team are also vital.
About Your Benefits:
A very attractive overseas remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including tax free salary, accommodation allowance, VISA, joining airfare, annual return flight, medical cover and tuition fee concessions.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.