Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The Strategy function is part of ISG business unit, that combines Intelligence, Strategy and Growth functions. It supports Group management with defining Group's long-term vision and strategy, and acts as a custodian of strategic planning process. The Strategy team aims at being a driving force allowing the Group to achieve its ambition and to strengthen its competitive advantages in an ever-changing and challenging environment. It also serves as an "internal consulting" unit supporting business unit strategies and select strategic projects through thought leadership and advisory.
Reporting directly to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Head of Strategy actively takes part in the Group's strategic planning and medium- to long-term development, working on the formulation and implementation of the major goals and initiatives taken by the Group's top management. They also lead a series of strategic projects, and act as an advisor to the Top team.
- Deliver 5 pillars of the Group's strategy functions:
- Support Board of Presidents in the definition of long-term strategy, vision and ambition
- Lead annual strategic planning process
- Lead and co-lead key transversal strategic projects at Group level through content creation
- Serve as a strategic advisor to other business unit heads in overall strategy definition
- Act as an "internal consulting"-like support for delivery of key strategic projects for different business units
- Identify key strategic topics and growth opportunities
- Assess macro-economic and key industry trends, competitive landscape, existing markets and ancillary markets, in alignment with Intelligence function
- Feed into the thought leadership of the Group
- Organize and deliver strategic workshops and committees
- Interact with senior leadership (CEO, C-suite, Vice Presidents, General Managers, etc.)
- Present reports Board of Presidents and other senior leaders
- Manage functions workload through prioritization and alignment
- Supervise full-time team members and interns
- Drive team in the effective management of projects
- Ensure the development of team members: career path, competencies, skills
- Manage the recruitment of junior team members
- Support positive team health and atmosphere in ISG
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem solving
- Storylining and workstream structuring
- Relationship building with diverse set of senior stakeholders
- Collaboration with peers
- Action oriented and pragmatic
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Personal interest in retail and/or luxury
- Global experience is a must; experience in GCC is preferred, however not a requirement
- Experience working in one of the top strategy consulting firms
- Experience leading teams
- Education: Master or MBA-level
- Languages: English is a must; Arabic or French is a plus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.