Job description / Role
Exciting Opportunity for Head of Taxation in a multinational company based in Dubai, UAE.
The successful candidate will report directly to the VP Finance / GM Finance - Taxation Department and responsible for all tax operations including VAT implementation and compliance, tax planning and other tax policies and procedures. Also, responsible to oversee tax compliance, tax audits, and tax accounting matters affecting all UAE operations.
* Provide recommendation to support company goals through audit, tax advisory and risk assessment.
* Investigate the implications of tax laws and advise on tax related issues to ensure the compliance of laws and regulations
* Offer support in order to minimize task risks associated with international business operations and dealings
* Responsible for setting objectives for direct reports that is aligned with the company goals.
* Facilitate training for team growth
* Coordinate with the internal and external departments for all tax operations
* Facilitate and implement various tax projects.
* VAT implementation and roll out of UAE compliance.
* Assess and support tax transactions for financial department
* Provide expert knowledge to stakeholders on International Tax Laws.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
* Bachelor's degree or above in Commerce / Economics / Finance with a certification as a CA, CPA, CTA, or other certification relevant to tax specialization.
* Excellent presentation skills and the ability to train on system usage
* Time management and organizational skills
* Excellent knowledge of MS office and administrative skills
* Awareness of UAE laws, rules and regulations
* MS Office Package (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* 7+ years in similar experience in Tax
* 2+ years in international Retail Business in country with taxation exposure
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.