Job description / Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager for our UAE operations. Reporting to the HR Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, direction, and coordination of planning, organization, and implementation of Health and Safety Programs to assure that the management takes actions needed to maintain employee safety and well-being. He/she plays a key role in promoting a strong safety culture.
Accountabilities includes but not limited to the following:
* Advises the management on government regulations and G4S standards relating to health and safety, and recommends necessary action to attain compliance.
* Identifies common health and safety hazards inherent in the organization's operations and facilities and establishes controls for protection from hazards and maintenance of employee wellbeing.
* Maintains the business H&S management systems
* Audits programs for compliance with G4S standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions.
* Coordinates necessary resources to implement programs.
* Maintains relationships with the operational management team, G4S functional leaders, as well as the relevant regulatory and government agency personnel
* Generates and monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions and alerts line management to problems.
* Manages the submission of reports to the regulatory agencies as required
* Investigates accidents or problem areas and recommends future preventive measures
* Develops and/or delivers training programs as required
* Manages safety committees and other employee consultation on H&S
* Relevant formal / technical tertiary qualification preferred including recognized health and safety and/or EHS qualification.
* 5+ years health and safety experience preferably in a labour intensive work environment
* Knowledge of the applicable H&S regulation
* Experience working within ISO and other management systems environments
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentations
* Experiencing in developing and facilitating training programs
* Diagnostic, analytical and organizational management skills including a particular attention to detail
* Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values
* Relies on experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.