Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
WSP are looking for a Health and Safety Inspector to supervise health, safety and environmental practices of contractors for day-to-day site operations and advise the contractor safety manager/officer on any health, safety and environmental breaches.
A typical week would include:
* Familiar with the approved health, safety and environmental plan and ensure compliance with this plan across the projects.
* Review the contractor's health, safety and environmental plan and monitor compliance with the plan.
* Carry out regular visits to the site to inspect the contractor's safety arrangements and produce reports based on the findings.
* Work in close liaison with the contractor's supervisory staff and ensure that high standards of safety are maintained across all the work activities and the site is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
* Keep a record of any health and safety violations.
* Record the actions taken by the contractor to rectify safety defects.
* Review, respond and recommend approvals of all risk assessments and safety aspects of method statements.
* Assist line manager in producing required data and details for weekly/monthly safety reports.
* Assist in the Investigation of all accidents and dangerous occurrences and report in accordance with the client requirements and WSP procedures.
* Implement HSE performance management KPI's for given targets and applicable audits.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Must be qualified with relevant Health and Safety Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years' experience in dealing with major construction projects
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
* Diploma in Engineering or Safety.
* Saudi National
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.