Job description / Role
Work with the Operations Manager and the Head of Health and Safety to identify, assess and reduce areas of risk related to people, property, and asset safety across the Alshaya Food Site
To deliver the day-to-day tasks, activities, and outputs required to maintain high levels of health & safety compliance as specified by the Head of Health and Safety.
Provide prompt and professional accident / H&S incident investigation service to the company, working with internal and external resources. Focus on and offer advice around legal/company compliance and best practice relating to all aspects of health and safety across Alshaya Food
Key Performance Areas:
- Undertake detailed risk assessments as directed by Head of H+S / Operation Manager ensuring any uncontrolled risks are identified and reduced to the lowest possible level.
- Ensure all risk assessment tracker / H&S team-related reporting is updated and all paperwork issued in line with internal KPI.
- Review all accidents and H&S incidents within specific areas of responsibility to ensure they are accurate and provide sufficient information relating to direct and in-direct cause.
- Drive Near miss reporting across the site.
- Produce detailed accident investigation reports to a high standard within agreed KPI using company-approved templates as directed by the Head of H+S / Operation Manager
- Respond to all H&S/Fire Safety-related incidents in a timely manner ensuring the required level of support is provided to employees/affected business units.
- Deliver employee H&S training modules to a high standard as directed by the Head of H+S / Operation Manager
- Assist with the delivery of project activities identified as key objectives by the Head of H+S / Operation Manager
- Engage with a range of stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure all relevant parties are aware of their responsibilities and the H&S performance of any departments/locations under their area of responsibility.
- Lead monthly SHE Meetings to review set KPIs and drive continuous Improvement.
- Deliver employee H&S awareness training when required
- Deliver employee H&S training modules to a high standard.
- Conduct inspections of new equipment and work areas with in-depth Monthly H+S Audits.
- Lead the journey to drive Health and Safety as a Culture including a behavior-based safety approach to be instilled across the facility.
Knowledge & Skills:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (of equivalent)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Excellent Fire Safety knowledge
- Food Safety Level 3
- H&S compliance within Logistics
- Putting the Customer first and making them the core focus of your role; striving to create a positive experience at every interaction point with both internal and external customers; being proactive in understanding their needs; treating your colleagues and team members as customers and taking responsibility to support and help them to grow with us.
- Listen to your customers, clearly understand their needs, and empower your team to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Earning others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in every interaction; actively showing trust in others and developing lasting relationships; demonstrating Alshaya's values; keeping commitments made to others; being approachable, open, and honest - your actions are consistent with your words.
- Giving people both the ability and the opportunity to step up and drive the business forward; conveying confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; giving employees the freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- Give opportunities to team members to lead tasks or projects.
- Embrace new ideas from team members and acknowledge people's expertise and know-how.
- Detailed analytics - Excel skills and report writing. Understand data and provide plans to mitigate risk, focus on ROI in business focus.
- IT Skills [Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience is a must].
- Expert project management skills. Complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Detailed understanding of stock movement processes in a multi-brand business
- A confident and competent communicator at Senior Manager / Director level
- Min 5 years' experience of H&S or compliance function
- Min 3 years' food safety experience.
- Food Manufacturing experience is essential
- Track record of system development
- Experience of training delivery
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.