Job description / Role
POSITION: HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
The HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER leads the organization’s effort to develop its HACCP Plan and to develop, implement, and maintain a HACCP System. The HACCP Coordinator may also be responsible for managing PRPs and OSHA safety programs
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
• Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but are not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described below.
• Renew all licenses before the expiration date.
• Responsible for the list of food handlers, to update and inform the department head about possible incidents, as well as to keep the corresponding cards or health cards up to date according to the legislation of each destination.
• Carry out all inspections with internal auditors of the Company and with external government and corporate companies. (For example: Doctor of Company specializing in P.R.L., inspector for RIU, TPDCo of Dubai, Ministry of Health and Department of Health, MLSS, SGS / Preverisk / Bureau Veritas, Police, Environment, Ecolab, etc.).
• Plan and organize all training actions for Safety, Health and Hygiene for personnel (Fire equipment, safety committee and emergency plans, CPR, first aid, food handlers, handling of chemicals, etc.)
• Carry out monthly training with the staff of the POE System (Standard Operating Procedures of the Company).
• Review, monitoring and maintenance of folders S.S.H.
• Implement and coordinate all HACCP food hygiene programs and SOPs.
• Complete the weekly HACCP reports (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
• Responsible for the daily temperatures recorded for all refrigerators, freezers, cold rooms, hot and cold buffets (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
• Keep a record of the temperatures and Sanitary Hygiene conditions of the products received, especially cold trucks.
• Daily follow-up with purchase receipt. Using the POE standards.
• Requirements inspection, in accordance with the POE, especially before the start of services, that all equipment is in a perfect state of cleanliness and operation (refrigerators, ice machines, cold plates, hot plates, etc.)
• Sports Bar, 24 hours and Grab & Go, check that everything there is labelled and that it is not out of date (sandwiches, cakes, etc.).
• The refrigerator should be replenished daily.
• Maintenance incidents must be reported and a copy must be delivered to the Restaurant Manager/Asst.Manager.
• Ensure the general state of cleanliness and order in the kitchen, warehouses, dry rooms (checking expiration dates, dented cans and pests, etc.), Jerk Hut, merchandise reception area, bars, restaurants (including cafeteria and room of juices), dishwasher area, changing rooms / bathrooms and staff canteens, as well as the waste management area.
• For cooking, follow the POE daily in all areas.
• Specifically, in relation to the dishwasher area, it must be ensured that the responsible personnel maintain, clean and properly disinfect the utensils / glassware / cutlery and the dishwasher machines themselves.
• Likewise, the “layout” of work areas, storage, use of chemical products and employee training is correct.
• Monitoring that all facilities are in optimal working conditions.
• Inspect all UV lamps, their correct operation and inform the SAT of the incidents.
• Identify and report all incidents to be resolved for maintenance, pest control, etc.
• Collection and submission of incident reports, weekly to the specific departmental heads, and provide a general of all areas to the General Manager.
• Check public areas, including bathrooms to ensure facilities are in order.
• Collect and consolidate information from SAT / Pools regarding HACCP water and legionella prevention records.
• Personally, check the records of the pool and other recreational waters, to ensure that the pH and chlorine levels are correct.
• Follow up with the medical clinic, or in your case nurse, of the sick guests, informing the General Manager. In cases of diarrhoea, records should be kept on hand for at least one year.
• Any other task, priority or support in relation to S.S.H, environment and any other certificate, at the request of the General Manager of the Hotel.
• Especially in relation to help and leadership in the face of possible crises in any aspect in relation to S.S.H. from the centre (e.g. viral outbreaks, fire, accident, etc.)
• Keep informed of food safety laws and regulations of the Dubai
• Performs other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
• Carry out and coordinate Food handlers test for all F & B Staff
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Officer
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Mar|
RTC-1 Employment Services
HSEQ / Compliance Specialist / Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services