Heavy Equipment Operator
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Heavy Equipment Operator
Amentum is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator for a position located at Al Dhafra Air Base in the UAE supporting the Air Force. The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for preparing and constructing and maintaining roads, and grounds, concrete work, soil stabilization, and rigid and flexible pavement construction and maintenance IAW international, US, Air Force and PWS criteria.
The Heavy Equipment Operator shall be available within 2 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
- Must have at least two (2) years of airfield driving and operator experience or similar equivalent construction operator experience.
- Previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid US or local driver's license and US passport.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain CENTOM contract medical requirements for duration of deployment
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Must be able to accomplish the following duties:
- Maintain and repair sections of the following assigned to them: roads, streets, curbs, surface mats, membranes, drainage structures, as well as other improved areas using appropriate paving and/or surfacing procedures; interpret construction drawings and surveys using information such as subgrade contours and grade alignment; and shall provide erosion control.
- Determine type and application of equipment to use in various maintenance and repair operations; operate construction equipment to finish grade, level, slope, and compact construction materials.
- Investigate proposed work sites to determine resource requirements; plan and estimate jobs; coordinate and plan work requirements with other civil engineering and base agencies; and inspect work to ensure quality and compliance with policies, regulations, and other publications.
- Maintain and repair graded roads, graveled roads, and acreage, open ditches, drainage, foundations and slabs on grade.
- Have either performed or supervised construction equipment operation, special techniques in using construction equipment to prepare sites for constructing and maintaining roads and grounds, concrete work, soil stabilization, and rigid and flexible pavement construction and maintenance.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.