Job description / Role
Hospitality Teacher (BTEC) - September 2023
About the Role
Due to the continued success of our GEMS Founders School - Dubai, we are expanding and are looking to recruit an BTEC Hospitality Teacher for the next academic year. This role will be for a September 2023 start.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced teachers to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and within a world-class International School located in the heart of Dubai.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it's a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. As part of our commitment to developing our teachers, Graduate teachers will benefit from our accreditation with British Schools Overseas and enrollment to our NQT programme; while our more experienced teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world - especially as we expand into more and more countries. GEMS teachers are at the forefront of opportunities for growth and development; with most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools.
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, at degree level such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in Hospitality or Food Tech. Open University or online degrees are not acceptable.
- 2+ years of solid and demonstrable experience in teaching Hospitality BTEC in a British curriculum school
- UAE British School teaching experience
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
This post would be suitable for either newly qualified, or more experienced teachers looking for an opportunity to develop their careers.
Have the ability to engage and enthuse students through high quality learning experiences
- Have high expectations of student achievement and behaviour
- Be an outstanding practitioner with the ability to teach Hospitality
- Having prior BTEC experience would be considered highly desirable
- The ability to also teach Business would be seen as an advantage
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate students
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and committed to securing student progress
- Prior knowledge of project based learning
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply. If applying as a teaching couple, please clearly state your partner's name (if they have also applied), specialism and what year groups they can teach in your Cover Letter. Please ensure to upload a copy of your qualifications, including your teaching credentials in order to be considered for this role.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards which provides significant savings on day-to-day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.