Job description / Role
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to : Outlet Leader
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To work together with the support of Colleagues and Leaders to create a luxurious and professional F&B experience for our guests. To remain motivated, efficient and guest centric to help the department and the hotel meet goals and objectives. To ensure absolute guest satisfaction and adhere to consistent standards under the supervision and guidance of the Outlet Leaders.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome, leading guests and seating them at their table
- Take telephone bookings and maintain a clear and organized reservations system
- Maintain cleanliness of hostess station and surrounding areas, as well as of all menus
- Correct preparation of all necessary operational materials
- Effectively control guest flow in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover
- Maintain and update guest database on a daily basis
- Drive ALL memberships and credit points to guests using the assigned system on a daily basis.
- Perform all opening, closing and side duties and fill out the required checklists
- To ensure full knowledge and understanding of LQA and Hotel Standards and to implement them in all interactions whilst working to maximum efficiency to ensure a smooth operation, guest satisfaction and Service Excellence
- Must have strong F&B and menu knowledge in order to describe the dishes and advice our guests accordingly through actively studying the menus and taking part in trainings and monthly quizzes
- To have a strong understanding of all allergens and dietary requirements and follow the SOP for guest allergies strictly
- Must follow all processes and SOP's strictly and efficiently as instructed by the Assistant Outlet Manager
- To undertake service training lead by the outlet Trainer/Leader to ensure full capability in understanding and executing service standards
- Address all guests by name to create a personalized service and adhere to the Raffles Service Culture and Solo standards
- Recognize and acknowledge all our regular and VIP guests and their preferences
- Update the Outlet Leader and Colleagues during briefings and service on guest's preferences and update any new preferences in Opera for in House guests and on the given external booking system for Patrons.
- Follow the process of escalation by immediately reporting any complaints, incidents, guest issues or any other challenges to the Outlet Leader to ensure an efficient solution is found.
- Where needed to make/maintain all food/beverage labels for daily rotations of the buffet and working closely with the culinary team to update changes, including last minute requests for the buffet
- To ensure that all reports related to the outlet are well maintained and completed as per schedule and in a timely manner
- Maintain good working relationship with own colleagues, and all other departments
- Learn safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper accounting procedures
- Train service Team in hostess duties and standards to ensure a common understanding
- Ensure the restaurant is ready to receive guests prior to opening and that both Service Team and tables are ready in line with opening standards
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Outlet Leader/Management of the Hotel
- Fulfill the expectations of the Outlet Leader in regards to discipline, grooming standards and punctuality
- Support fellow Solo colleagues within the Outlet where and when required in order to ensure a seamless experience for our guests and colleagues alike be it in the Bar, Sections, Back Area etc. while ensuring that your duties are completed to the highest level and standard
- Support the Team to conduct daily/weekly/monthly equipment inventories to ensure a standard stock of all essential materials and equipment and report any discrepancies to the Outlet Leader.
- Ensure proper segregation of the waste management are applied at all time as part of the planet 21 initiative
- To assist the Outlet Leader in liaising with other departments such as Housekeeping, Stewarding and Engineering to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance is maintained at all times
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness of the Outlet, following a 'clean as you go' mentality
- Maintain the ALL SAFE standards throughout the department and ensure all safety and hygiene procedures are strictly followed
- Have good knowledge of our outlet goals and use skills such as upselling to assist in reaching the targets
- Actively contribute to strong communication within the team, both verbally and in the team WhatsApp group
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and other hotel services in order to advise all guests accordingly
- Ensure that outlet logbooks, files, tracking sheets and other financial reports are being kept up to date to ensure accurate tracking is followed at all times
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations within peak times when need etc
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge with the Team
- A positive, energetic and motivated personality and professional attitude
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- A hardworking attitude who is ready to complete all duties, responsibilities and additional tasks set by the Outlet Leader with positivity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must always have a friendly attitude, develop strong working relationships with all colleagues and Leaders, demonstrating respect and understanding
- Use professional verbal language and body language at all times
- Hospitality Studies is preferable
- Strong reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- A second foreign language is a plus
- 1 year Hotel experience in F&B or other related industries with transferable skills
- Experience in 5* luxury hospitality is preferable
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.