Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Manager - Hotel Excellence & Guest Experience will oversees all aspects of the hotel guest experience. He / she works closely with all HODs and the relevant team members to achieve seamless execution of the unique services.
- Work to achieve seamless integration of systems, policies and processes between the Hotel and Resort with a focus on optimizing efficiency and convenience for hotel guests.
- Responsible for the aesthetic appearance functionality and safety of all public space areas and guest amenities including all food outlets entrance and recreation spaces.
- Monitor and review guest feedback via internal sources and online sources incl OTAs such as TripAdvisor, Booking.com etc, ensuring response to all guests in a timely manner, and to identify and influence the addition of resources, events and/or amenities that will enhance the guest experience.
- Champion the guest experience, observing all activities from the guest's point-of-view, and make actionable recommendations to the Hotel Director for improvements.
- Responsible for the aesthetic appearance and functionality of all public space areas and guest amenities, including but not limited to the following areas at both hotels: Porte of Cochere, F&B outlets, hotel grounds, Main Lobby, Pool, and Patios.
- Responsible for VIP guest coordination from arrival to departure, ensuring arrival communication planning, point of contact establishment and interdepartmental cooperation, including park operations.
- Leads KPI/Mystery Shop committees with department heads and Hotel Director, ensure communication of results and actions are determined to achieve yearly goals.
- Lead the Guest Service Team incl Concierge duties to help guests for all their needs. Ensure all team members have sufficient product knowledge and can respond to guest queries about Dubai attractions.
- Responsible for standard protocol related to cleanliness, health, liability, safety, and security throughout the Hotels. (e.g. identifying potential hazards, incident reporting, emergency response, evacuation procedures, etc.)
- Daily management of the guest experience, providing guidance and support to all departments where necessary.
- Immediately respond to and resolve guest concerns in an empathetic manner, offering a sincere apology and providing timely follow-up and/or appropriate compensation if/when necessary.
- Takes ownership of any defects that negatively impact the guest experience and work together with hotel leadership to make the changes necessary to prevent reoccurrence.
- Champions the warm welcoming of guests to the hotel and VIP arrival and itinerary coordination and resort wide communication.
- Oversight of the planning and day-to-day activities of the Pool Area, Security, Entertainments, Concierge and Admissions as applicable to the Hotel and its guests.
- Ensure there is adequate leadership coverage, 24/7.
- Make decisions relative to appropriate compensation in response to guest concerns.
- Effective use of department and resort resources.
- Cross check that all facilities including LEGO features are in working condition, not broken and clean. Liaise closely with other departments like Housekeeping and Maintenance to ensure the hotel and its facilities are always presentable.
- Review all complaints and service glitch and contact the guests while in house with the goal to ensure their satisfaction and trust in the product is fully restored.
- Continually collects and reviews guest feedback with teams and counterparts in an effort to minimize defects and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Explore and provide feedback relative to new sales opportunities and/or added revenue streams.
- Monitor and review guest feedback provided on KPI terminals and websites such as Trip Advisor, ensuring response to all guests in a timely manner.
- Continually involves actively to develop new, unique and exciting entertainment programs for hotel guests.
- Make decisions relative to appropriate compensation in response to guest concerns.
- Understanding of budgets, key performance indicators, moral and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Ensure team and department costs are kept within agreed budget.
- Offers creative ideas for delivering the guest experience and achieving operational/financial targets.
- Acts as an incident controller to provide protection, support and recovery to the Hotel.
- Implements and monitors standard protocol related to cleanliness, health, liability, lost & found, safety, and security throughout the Hotel. (e.g. identifying potential hazards, incident reporting, emergency response, evacuation procedures, etc.)
- Provide the relevant information, tools and training to the appropriate teams in order to deliver the guest experience and to foster continuous career growth and development for department associates.
- Deliver thorough and motivational pre-shifts to team members, communicating pertinent information relative to the day's activities, outstanding issues, etc. while ensuring alignment and understanding of focuses, goals and objectives.
- Monitor and review guest feedback to identify and influence the addition of resources, events and/or amenities that will enhance the guest experience.
- Works with hotel teams to streamline the flow of communication and operational processes related to all departments within the Resort, with a focus on efficiency and guest convenience.
- Lead a positive, professional and Guest Services Team, with a focus on the guest experience and process efficiency. Act as a role model in leading this through The Merlin Way.
- Provide a balanced level of support and leadership to both the day and night teams in the hotel.
- Empower the relevant members of the team to make decisions in order to resolve guest issues and ensure a positive outcome.
Health & Safety
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 2 - 4 years of hotel experience or progressive growth in a customer service-oriented role, in a hotel / resort operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and security procedures as related to health, liability, loss prevention, incident reporting, etc is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Dubai Parks and Resorts