Job description / Role
Establishing Hotels, From a Brand New Perspective
As a passionate team, we provided exceptional experiences and created lasting memories over the years. With the growing demand in hotel facilities across the Middle-East, we are seeking for a 'Hotels Project Manager' who will join us in expanding our horizons and pushing boundaries in delivering progress.
Overlooking tasks in charge of Commercial, Property Phase and Risk Management, alongside reporting, planning and scheduling, the 'Hotels Project Manager' will be a critical part of the inception of world-class Hotels we are blending into the region.
The Hotels Brand Project Manager (HBPM) will oversee and work closely with Alshaya Group property PM during the construction, fit out and set up of Hampton & Canopy Hotel brands within Alshaya Group portfolio in the MENA.
Liaising directly with host brand (Hilton Group) and oversee and guarantee that brand guidelines are considered during the build and fit out of each hotel brand (Hampton & Canopy by Hilton) to ensure a full guest experience within all aspect of the hotels.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze project critical information, develop and implement strategies to achieve project plan.
- Develop key external and internal relationships to achieve agreed objectives. Deliver relevant feedback to all parties.
- Proactively manage workload, making recommendations for change when necessary
- Manage supporting team and provide coaching, mentoring and direction
Property Phase Management
- Manage the relationships between all project stakeholders to facilitate effective communications and outcomes
- Manage the design team and site delivery team performance of delegated responsibilities
- Establish an effective and universal strategy to address major issues that may arise with the Alshaya internal stakeholders
- Establish a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the site delivery team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, host brand and Alshaya internal stakeholders team.
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project
- Implement a high-level effective project management framework and project execution statement.
- Monitor and oversee progress status updates of the master programme and where necessary liaise with stakeholders to lead delay mitigation strategies and improvement initiatives.
- Take an active and leading role in the control of 'time' on the project, ensuring a protocol and full review of early warnings are in place, and generally ensure a project structure, and personal ownership of changes, is implemented.
- Ensure effective budget control is in place across the project, and that such is reviewed and updated on monthly basis.
- Receive and review detailed reports on the project from the host brand team
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the Alshaya Group and the host brand.
- Ensure that a formal risk management process is in place on the project, utilizing the risk register and management process.
- Hold, chair and lead risk meeting and actively participate in formulation of mitigation and control measures. Regularly discuss risk management.
- English essential; Arabic would be an advantage
- Project management within the Hotel industry (3/4 stars segment)
- Sound knowledge of the importance of financial management.
Experience: - 8-10 years' experience working on hotel/leisure projects within the hospitality industry, especially involved at start up / inception stage.
- Experienced (ex-GM / Ops manager) in opening new hotel sites within 3 to 4 hotel star segment.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.