Job description / Role
HOTELS: SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Director of Hk / Asst. Director of Hk / Asst. Hk Manager / HK Manager
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences.
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Housekeeping Coordinator and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To provide housekeeping order taking / telephone service to guests and staff
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure forwarding and receiving of all information pertaining to Housekeeping
- Receive, record and distribute various reports via Opera Property Management System
- Receive, record and transmit guest requests accurately
- Input accurate room status into computer daily and investigate discrepancies
- Maintain and update administrative data
- Maintain key control and monitor lost property
- Maintain working area in a proper state of cleanliness
- Handle guest complaints, delegate immediately & report to Head Housekeeper
- Comply with hotel's health, safety and hygiene policies
- Adhere to personnel grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Has an awareness of all Housekeeping positions including their job functions
- Maintain good relations with Housekeeping staff and other interfacing departments, in particular Front Office, Engineering and Laundry
- Ensures smooth handover of daily activities to next shift
- Maintaining Lost and Found records.
- Ensuring proper follow up with engg job orders and missing items
- Incharge of updating departmental notice boards
Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Responsibilities
- Ensure all OH&S legislation, policies and procedures are adhered.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Strong multitasking in Operations and work under pressure.
- Familiarity with Housekeeping/Butler duties
- Good communication and contact skills
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Post-Secondary education, preferably with professional qualifications in Secretarial skills.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Coordinator in Housekeeping Department
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Store Keeper / Logistics Coordinator
A Leading Manufacturer In The Middle East
Front Desk Agent
Junior Office Administrator