Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To provide housekeeping order taking / telephone service to guests and staff
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure forwarding and receiving of all information pertaining to Housekeeping
- Receive, record and distribute various reports via Opera Property Management System
- Receive, record and transmit guest requests accurately
- Input accurate room status into computer daily and investigate discrepancies
- Maintain and update administrative data
- Maintain key control and monitor lost property
- Maintain working area in a proper state of cleanliness
- Handle guest complaints, delegate immediately & report to Head Housekeeper
- Comply with hotel's health, safety and hygiene policies
- Adhere to personnel grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Has an awareness of all Housekeeping positions including their job functions
- Maintain good relations with Housekeeping staff and other interfacing departments, in particular Front Office, Engineering and Laundry
- Ensures smooth handover of daily activities to next shift
- Maintaining Lost and Found records.
- Ensuring proper follow up with engg job orders and missing items
- Incharge of updating departmental notice boards
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Responsibilities
- Ensure all OH&S legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Familiarity with Housekeeping/Butler duties
- Good communication and contact skills
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Post Secondary education, preferably with professional qualifications in Secretarial skills.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in the Housekeeping department
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.