Job description / Role
Housekeeping Supervisor - LEGOLAND Hotel
Play Your Part
Housekeeping Floor Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the Housekeeping department on a daily basis, with a focus on managing the room attendants and house persons. Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Housekeeping Manager, as well as other department associates in order to expedite the duties of the Housekeeping department.
- Responsible for delivering the guest experience by consistently meeting the highest standards of cleanliness, efficiency and guest satisfaction throughout all areas of the Hotel.
- Develop and lead a positive, professional and strong team with an aligned focus on the guest experience, quality of service, and the development of future leaders within the Department. Act as a role model in leading this through the Merlin Way.
- Ensure effective departmental and interdepartmental communication throughout the Resort, working with counterparts to streamline operations and to enhance the guest experience.
- Respond to all guest requests and concerns in a timely and empathetic manner, making decisions relative to appropriate compensation in lieu of inconvenience.
Business Impacts / Results
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of Hotel facilities, including guestrooms and all public areas, in accordance with health and safety standards
- Ensures all department payroll, operational costs and productivity guidelines are achieved and inline with budgeted goals and objectives
- Maintains consistent and accurate inventory processes related to all linens and housekeeping supplies
- Ensures all products and equipment is properly is maintained.
- Understand the nature of the hotel industry and adjust the operations to changing business needs.
- Flexibility with schedule based department needs.
- Establish sound and economical relationships with local suppliers and service providers to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
- Input ideas and information to improving efficiency, productivity and enhancing the guest experience.
- Provide the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Housekeeping Manager with regular updates and statistical reports in a timely manner to ensure the delivery of the guest experience and efficient day-to-day operation of the hotel
- Participate in and deliver thorough and motivational pre-shifts to team members, communicating pertinent information relative to the day's activities, outstanding issues, etc while ensuring alignment and understanding of focuses, goals and objectives.
- Work to streamline communication between departments within the hotel operation and throughout the Resort, with a focus on the guest
Decision Making and Autonomy
- Monitor and review the operation of the department and implement changes to improve efficiency and to enhance the guest and employee experience.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Housekeeping Manager to review negative trends and implement actionable recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Consistently completes inspection sheets with the department goal to ensure consistent high quality.
- Monitors employee behavior and ensures all MC's are meeting expectations.
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills
- Advanced proficiency in interpersonal and guest communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook Email, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Lead by example while being a role model for the Merlin Way.
- Work independently and as part of a team on various projects and initiatives.
- Effective use of department and resort resources.
- Ensure there is adequate leadership coverage within the Housekeeping Department in response to business needs.
- Provide a balanced level of support and leadership to both the day and night teams in the hotel.
- Empower the relevant members of the team to make decisions in order to resolve guest issues and ensure a positive outcome.
- Ensure team and department costs are efficiently managed by monitoring productivity and ensure product is not wasted.
- Ensure the whole team has a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the importance of alignment and positive attitudes.
- Provide the relevant information, tools and training to the appropriate teams in order to deliver the guest experience and to foster continuous career growth and development for department associates.
- Ensure all new room Housekeeping employees are signed off on the Room Attendant/ Houseperson competency after their training in completed.
- Consistently write in MC files and administer Corrective Actions to properly document good and bad performance.
- Data entry of daily productivity and inspections.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Effectively apply strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills on a daily basis.
- Offer creative ideas for delivering the guest experience and achieving operational/financial targets.
- Ensure ongoing department training and adherence to operational processes, policies, safety and security procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve difficult guest situations which result in a positive outcome.
Health & Safety
- You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it.
- You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 1 - 3 years of successful experience in a housekeeping or similar supervisory position.
- Proven track record of success scheduling, purchasing, inventory, cost monitoring, and fiscal accountability within an operation.
- Experience managing, training, coaching, and motivating a team of direct reports to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014