Job description / Role
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential operational duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update team your various projects.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Be a part of the Fairmont Flagship hotel in the Middle East
- Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the City's commercial district
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for conducting quality inspections to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness in Guestrooms, public areas and Heart of House in accordance with Fairmont standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure high morale and productivity levels through staff planning, training & development, and ongoing communication including performance reviews, career development and consistent feedback and/or corrective action
- Assist Housekeeping leaders in the building of an efficient team of Colleagues, by participating and showing initiative concerning quality hiring, retention and development of Colleagues
- Responsible for taking a lead role in the coordination of all Housekeeping employees and activities including: office opening and closing, daily room assignments, evening service assignments, special tasks, and shift briefings
- Ensure departmental schedules reflect our service commitments, colleague needs and business-productivity commitments
- Ensure that our Colleagues' appearance is always reflective of our grooming standards and that they are always in a clean and proper uniform
- Responsible for communicating all operational concerns to the leadership team and proactively finding appropriate solutions and implementing action
- Responsible for maintaining high level of performance, work quality and service standards of Housekeeping Colleagues
- Ensure Guestrooms and public areas are serviced, maintained and prepared in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure completeness of Guestroom mini bar items, refill & charge consumptions promptly and alert discrepancies as required
- Responsible for liaising with Front Office, Engineering and other departments in the overall operations of the rooms division to ensure the highest level of Guest service are maintained
- Process requests and delegates work assignment in a timely manner while adhering to Fairmont's brand standards
- Follow all Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure all Housekeeping Colleagues adhere to the material outlined in the Fairmont Code of Ethics
- Ensures key control procedures and adheres to Hotel's policies with regards to security
Your experience and skills include:
- Must be Guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, posses strong initiative with observational skills & attention to details
- Must possess the ability to make informed decisions through organizing, planning & taking ownership to assigned responsibilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized, energetic and possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be results-oriented by being motivated and driven to meet objectives
- Must have the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Must be physically fit in order to lift and move furniture and equipment
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Previous supervisory and training/teaching experience is an asset
- Must have a strong leadership skills, able to motivate and lead Colleagues to achieve the department's vision and measurable goal
Your Team and Working Environment:
- We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
|Abu Dhabi||5 Feb|
Housekeeping Floor Supervisor
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts