Job description / Role
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met.
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
• Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Care for children and/or elderly persons by overseeing their activities, providing companionship, and assisting them with dressing, bathing, eating, and other needs.
• Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
• Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked, and record expenditures.
• Run errands such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries.
• Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
• Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
• Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
• Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
• Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
• Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
• Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
• Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
• Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
• Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive.
• Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests' rooms.
• Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
• Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
• Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
• Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
• Plan menus, and cook and serve meals and refreshments following employer's instructions or own methods.
• Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
• Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
• Answer telephones and doorbells.
• Attention to detail – the ability to work quickly without affecting the standard of the work completed and to follow task lists without missing anything are essential
• Customer service skills – should be polite and considerate and able to handle reasonable requests or complaints in a professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction
• Professionalism –should be courteous and professional at all times, both to customers and to their colleagues. Good team working skills are a must
• Time management – housemaids are generally required to complete a certain amount of cleaning in a set timeframe
• Physical stamina – housekeeping is a physically demanding job involving standing, walking, and stooping for long periods of time, and carrying laundry and supplies. A good level of fitness is required to be able to do this job long-term
• Previous working experience as a Maid for 2 years
• Ability to work independently and remain motivated
• Proficiency in English language
• High school degree
About the Company
Ecolog provides you with any kind of life support and infrastructural services which enables you to accomplish your mission. Reliably and quickly we build up the required infrastructure, even under the toughest conditions. The services that Ecolog provides span a wide spectrum: from logistics solutions to waste management and laundry services to fuel supply, to mention just a few. We offer you this comprehensive support on a sole supplier basis. Our experts quickly find the best answers for your needs and new challenges.
We are there when you need us always on time.
We provide our service solutions to multinational task forces, aid organizations, and private companies which operate in crisis-ridden areas around the world.
Ecolog has the team-spirited commitment which drives us in delivering the utmost of excellence for our customers satisfaction.
Ecolog is synonymous with experience, reliability, and professionalism. You concentrate totally on your mission while we take care of your needs!