Job description / Role
When you work for us, you commit to a career at the largest and one of the most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touché M.E.
Our Consulting practice advises on a broad range of issues, from strategy through to implementation. Deep industry expertise in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors ensures that the advice we provide to clients is tailored to that particular sector’s needs. From defining the initial strategy to planning its development and implementing its outcome, Deloitte’s Consulting practice delivers end-to-end solutions to help our clients maximize their commercial potential.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
In addition to our opportunities in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory, we offer a variety of careers in Internal Client Services (ICS) considered essential to the growth of the Firm. Whether in Human Resources, Finance or PR, a career in ICS with Deloitte & Touché ME will give you the opportunity to join a firm undergoing rapid expansion in a region of fast-paced growth. Your role won't just put your passion for creative solutions to the test, it will provide you with an environment to grow and build a career based on excellence.
Here's one specific opportunity to experience working for ICS.
As an Assistant HR Manager you will be required to conduct the following:
• Act as the HR Business Partner for Consulting in Abu Dhabi (50 employees), Qatar (40), Bahrain (10), Beirut (20) & Amman (10), based in either our Dubai or Abu Dhabi offices and act as the focal point of contact between management, regional HR team and employees
• Manage the on boarding process for all new joiners in collaboration with the regional HR team and the Deloitte’s processes
• Oversee all aspects of the Visa process, ensuring that the process runs smoothly
• Planning, and sometimes participate in delivering inductions for new staff
• Consult and advise management on labor related issues for employees
• Manage the Exit process of all resigned employees in alignment with the Regional HR team
• Provide consultative support for the resolution on a variety of matters including performance management and addressing challenging interactions
• Work in collaboration with the regional and head office teams on HR programs that are aimed at improving employee engagement
• Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures as per the firm’s polices and local laws
• Maintain employee records and work closely with Finance on all employee related matters and maintain an accurate database of all employees on the HR system
The Assistant Manager will be required to visit all of their concerned offices: Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Bahrain, Beirut & Amman on a regular basis and should expect circa 2 days a week of travel.
• Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
• Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
• Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
• Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
• Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
• 6+ years HR experience, preferably in a multinational firm
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing) and must be an Arabic speaker
• Knowledge of local labor laws across the GCC
• Work with little supervision and be part of a virtual team (if based in Abu Dhabi)
• Ability to communicate professionally with partners and high-level executives
• Work in a multicultural environment, display a team player attitude, be motivated, flexible, a creative thinker, and fast learner
• Detail oriented and conscientious
• Excellent organizational, communication and time-management skills
• Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Management)
• Adapt to rapidly changing priorities and manage multiple projects
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity