Job description / Role
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Business Analyst will work with personnel within the team and collaborate with teams across the company to design and implement the reporting and analytic solutions that provide business performance reporting and analysis capability for all Amazon business units. You'll help us analyze large amounts of data to provide detailed and robust reporting capability to support locations and lines of business globally. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement.
This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and communicating performance results and analytics via business intelligence (BI) platforms to standardize reporting, dashboards, and analytics for the HR organization. The Business Analyst will be responsible for developing reporting capability and functionality that enable all levels of management to understand key trends throughout the business.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or Mathematics Undergraduate degree in statistics, business, finance, engineering, or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL & RDBM
- Experience with spreadsheet modeling and database development
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy or other BI tools
- 3+ years of BI development and analytics
- Experience building and managing reporting tools for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
- Creative, critical thinker with advanced business analytical skills
- Customer focus and professional demeanor
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to deliver result
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment; work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations; strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
- Experience partnering with database engineers to develop data warehouses
- Experience with AWS platforms including Dynamo DB, RDS, Redshift, or EMR
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- BBA/MBA or advanced degree in economics, statistics, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
- Advance skills in utilizing SQL to extract and aggregate data into meaningful artifacts to support decision making processes and support early identification of risks.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Coding Language Knowledge (Python/R)
- Statistical Modeling experience
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.