Job description / Role
The role of the HR Officer is to provide day to day support to the HR operations of the company. The person in this role is responsible to manage employee records, process payroll, process employee requests and employee relations in line with HR policy and processes while maintaining high levels of internal customer service standards.
• Supports the recruitment process, handles joining formalities and ensures they are completed in line with HR policy and processes.
• Responds to employee queries and requests related to employee services requests to other areas of HR as appropriate.
• Liaises with relevant departments to facilitate documentation requirements related to visa applications, renewals and cancellations.
• Inputs employee information into an HR management system, maintains employee files and ensures integrity and security of all employee information.
• Administers annual air tickets and medical insurance benefit and processes medical insurance claims in line with the insurance policy.
• Maintains employee leave records and updates it in the HRIS system.
• Prepares the monthly payroll for employees in line with HR policy and salary and benefits eligibility.
• Maintains HR records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases, leave requests and other related employee queries.
• Coordinates all training, performance management and talent management initiatives as directed by the HR Business Partner (HRBP) and Group HR.
• Supports the exit processes including off boarding and end of service benefits, advice on policy, labor law etc. in collaboration with managers and HR teams.
• Maintains organization structure, job descriptions and job evaluation and coordinates with HRBP to ensure all job changes are updated in the system.
• Coordinates and plans employee events and engagement initiatives in order to foster a positive work environment and work culture.
• Follows all relevant Department/Unit policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Administer office supplies or any other related work as and when required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in HR
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in a large organization with 1 year experience in UAE.
Job specific skills:
• Knowledge of HR practices and UAE Labor Law
• Good customer focus and communication skills (Arabic language a plus)
• Collaborative working style with a high team ethic
• High degree of respect, integrity and quality focus
• Good planning and organizing skills with the ability to multi-task
• Strong MS Office skills
About the Company
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba was established in 1946 giving it the proud distinction of being one of the oldest diversified business groups in the UAE and the Middle East. At a time when oil was not yet discovered and trading was still the lifeline of the region’s economy, it was the vision of Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba that saw the birth of one of the first business houses.
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba is essentially a trading organization involved in franchises and distribution of various brands and for different product categories. For highly discerning clients whose hallmark is exclusivity, we are proud to introduce ourselves as the official agents, business partners and product dealers of premium brands. At MHAO conducting business with the highest degree of ethical integrity is the job of every employee.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
HR Admin & Assistant
Petrochem Middle East
Senior HR Generalist & TA Specialist