Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
The HSE Coordinator is responsible for ensuring adherence to the HSE standards of the Project and auditing of CMA and Contractors for proper implementation of safety controls.
- Ensure the effective implementation, monitoring and measurement of HSE policies within the program.
- Report on the project’s compliance with HSE policies to the HSE Manager
- Work with the HSE Managers to ensure all safety requirements are understood by the Contractors
- Provide guidance to Contractors in reporting Project incidents
- Review and evaluate adequacy of actions taken by Contractors to correct safety violations
- Ensure reporting of monthly safety statistics
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum 10 years HSE experience involving the application of international HSE standards in the construction industry
- Appropriate professional qualifications and affiliations are preferred.
- Experience on large civil projects, with additional safety knowledge relating to electrical and mechanical work.
- Experience with pipeline, deep excavations and scaffolding are also preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.