This position is closed or expired.
See other HSE Officer jobs in UAE
HSE Officer, UAE – Developing critical infrastructure protection solutions for large scale civil/infrastructure projects across the Middle East
• Stable long term career prospects
• Global Provider of National Security
• Location: United Arab Emirates
As the portfolio of infrastructure/civil projects across the Middle East continues to expand, so too is our employer, a leading provider of global national security services, is also looking to expand their ranks. With long term prospects providing stability and career development, our employer is seeking to welcome a professional and experienced HSE Officer to the team to support the growth and development of their projects in the Middle East.
Reporting to the Division Health & Safety Coordinator and indirectly to the Site Manager, you will be working as part of the Infrastructure team and your responsibilities in the role will include:
• Provides the necessary advice to the Site Manager on jobsite health and safety issues
• Monitors compliance to the Company HSMS by conducting regular inspections and internal auditing of site activities
• Monitor compliance with established site safety rules
• Undertakes weekly safety inspection and prepares a report for submittal and review with the Site Manager.
• Conduct daily tour of the working areas and log details of the observations on the Daily Observation Register of any unsafe conditions and unsafe acts, action/rectify immediately and report incidents to the appropriate level of management.
• Assist the Site Manager, Construction Manager and Construction Supervisor in undertaking risk assessments and identifying safe systems of work to be recorded in safe work method statements
• Develop and deliver internal training courses on health and safety topics to the site team
• Undertake weekly Toolbox meetings and attend sub-contractor Toolbox meetings
• Assist Construction Supervisors in delivering Pre-Task Briefings to the workforce on the control measures identified in risk assessments and the safe system of work to be adhered to
• Develop and deliver the Site Safety Orientation Training for all workers including Subcontractors and visitors prior to starting work or visiting the site
• Assist the Construction Manager in the development of safety procedures for high-risk activities and assist in briefing of the workforce on their responsibilities under these procedures. Audit against these procedures regularly and report any non-compliance to the Site Manager
• Complete the incident notification and investigations and issue the report to the Site Manager, HSE Coordinator and HSE Manager and Manager-Execution
• Review subcontractor Health & Safety plans
• Audit the registers and permit systems maintained for lifting equipment, lifting accessories, excavations, confined spaces, hot works, Lock-out/Tag-out, etc.
• Advise the Construction Supervisors and Construction Manager relative to the requirements the Company HSMS
• Provide weekly input of H&S statistics and data to HSE Coordinator
• Exercise professional conducts at all time
Essential attributes include:
• Degree in relevant discipline is preferable
• A minimum of 7 years experience in Health & Safety in the construction industry with at least 5 years of experience as an HSE Officer or Engineer
• NEBOSH, CSP or equivalent qualifications would be highly regarded
• Candidates with international consulting experience will be highly regarded, as will experience working in the Middle East
A competitive expatriate package will be provided to attract the top candidates to the role.
To register your application for this exceptional opportunity, please submit your resume online.
IMPORTANT: Your application must include the following information:
• Comprehensive resume listing your full employment history in reverse chronological order
• Details of projects you have been involved in including project size and value and your key responsibilities
• List of educational qualifications including where and when completed
• Current daytime contact details
PLEASE NOTE: this role is open to single status applicants only and candidates must currently be located in the UAE
To apply online, please click the appropriate link below.
About the Company
APG-Global is an Australian-based recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set. Since 1999, APG Global has successfully demonstrated the ability to bring job seekers and clients together worldwide for business optimization. Our key regions of specialisation cover Australia, New Zealand, Asia, China, the Middle East, Far East and Europe.
With solid industry credentials, the APG-Global team focus is on solving executive and professional talent supply issues across borders and cultures. APG-Global headquarters are in the Southport CBD on the Gold Coast of Queensland in Australia – one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, and the epicenter of high-rise development activity and tourism construction growth in Australia.