HSE Officer - Water Infrastructure
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Stantec is currently seeking an HSE Officer for a Sewage Treatment Plant in Abu Dhabi.
Specifically, the HSE Officer will be required to monitor the Safety rules of the company and the client, and supervision of the different areas in order to promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Ensure compliance by all parties with Company’s HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations (as amended from time to time)
• To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the Statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
• To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by Company from time to time.
• Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
• Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
• Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
• Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks
• Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
• Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
• Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same
• Degree in Engineering, from a recognized University or an Engineering Diploma & NEBOSH Diploma
• International Certificate in Health, Safety and Environmental.
• Minimum 10 years of GCC and demonstrable experience in health, safety and environment, particularly in infrastructure/construction/sewerage field.
• Degree or Diploma in Occupational Safety or a related field.
• Official registration in OSHAD-ourdorat system.
• STP experience is preferred.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.