Job description / Role
This opportunity is with a large food manufacturing company in the UAE.
We are looking for an experienced Operations HSE Manager. Health, safety and environmental (HSE) manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs. You should be a specialist in reviewing and updating HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
• Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
• Handling ISO and other food certifications systems
• Performs Risk Assessment.
• Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
• Supports the Top Management in the HSE Policy and Guidelines issue.
• Supports the Top Management in the Organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
• Supports the Top Management in the HSE Management System standard issue.
• Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
• Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
• Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
• Assists the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
• Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
• Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
• Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
• Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety related subjects.
• Carries out any in-house safety training.
• Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
• Liaises between Clients on safety related issues.
• Safeties related engineering input into new projects and modification programs.
• Participates to HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a health, safety, or environmental field of study
• 4+ years’ experience in health and safety.
• Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
• Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
• Excellent organizational and motivational skills
• Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically
• Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
TGC is an Executive search and human capital firm with our office based in Dubai, UAE. We focus on providing exceptional talent across a number of skilled experts to meet your professional and technical talent requirements throughout Middle East.
The competition for qualified senior management is severe and the best candidates are passive job seekers or are based outside the Middle East region. Our researchers have access worldwide, across industries and geographies. Our success is driven by our access, experience and judgment. We differentiate ourselves by our completion rates and the positive experiences clients and candidates have working with TGC.
We have an excellent understanding of the local market, with a combined experience of over 20 years of a highly skilled team,we provide organizations the highest talent to ease the recruitment process and create significant opportunities for individuals.
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Officer
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Mar|
HSE Officer - Water Infrastructure
|Abu Dhabi||7 Apr|
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services