Job description / Role
Job Statement Provide high quality teaching and learning support to their students and conduct sound competency assessment within their discipline. Provide administrative, promotional and other support to ensure the effective functioning of the Institute
* Teach and assess competencies in a range of areas within disciplines
* Develop and share curriculum, teaching methods and resources
* Advise and assist students to develop their educational plans and make them aware of the facilities and support available
* Perform a range of administrative duties associated with teaching
* Ensure the observance of appropriate safety, health, welfare, security and good housekeeping standards
* Ensure the principles of equal opportunity in education and employment are applied to all staff and students, as appropriate in the UAE cultural context
* Provide advice and assistance to students, employers and members of the community and generally promote technical and further education and the Institute
* Be involved in and assist as required within the corporate life of the Institute Essential Functions
* Adapt and work to the local working environment and local anomalies and ensure full integration with Emirati counterparts.
* Teaching and assessing students
* Developing teaching and assessment resources
* Maintaining student and course records; and
* Advising any issues relating to students.
Competency Requirements - Experience Required:
* Minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience at a recognized educational Institute.
* Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas within the specific discipline (s)
* Ability to use student centered teaching strategies
* Highly developed classroom management skills
* Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific discipline(s)
* Understanding of and ability to implement competency based assessment
* Sound problem solving skills
* Bachelor or Master degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related from an accredited higher education institution.
* Professional Certificates in Health and Safety, IOSH, NEBOSH, ISO or related.
* Appropriate vocational and or industry experience
* Teaching and / or recognized assessor qualification
* IELTS 7.0 Academic for non-Native English speakers. Practical, hands on approach to work
* Commitment to continuing professional development
In Return You Will Receive The Following Benefits Package:
* Basic Salary: AED 13,694.00 Housing Allowance: 10,400 (Single) and 13,000 (Married) per month.
* Remote Area Allowance: AED 1,500/- per month
* Relocation Allowance: 20,000.00 (One time)
* Education Allowance: AED 80,000.00 per family.
* Ticket allowance: for Employee Spouse and up to 3 children.
* Medical Insurance: for employee, Spouse and up to 3 children.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Health and Safety Manager
Swisslinx Middle East
Health and Safety Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Urgently Required HSE Officer
General Construction Company
|Abu Dhabi||22 Sep|