Job description / Role
- Planning, organizing, implementing, directing, and controlling the occupational safety, health, employee welfare, and environmental compliance activities in line with the Company’s Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Management System strategy.
- Develops, implements and oversees the occupational safety, health, employee welfare, and environmental management system that ensures compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
- Develops all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Establishes procedures that protect the physical integrity of workers, the community and assets of the company, reflected in indicators of zero accidents, zero damage to the assets, and zero environmental contingencies.
- Liaises with the regulatory, customer, and Company sources to facilitate compliance with various legal, business and client requirements. Acts as regulatory point-person and SME pertaining occupational safety, health, and environmental compliance. Responds to customer pre-qualifications, tenders and questionnaires, and attends regulatory inspection visits pertaining HSE matters.
- Conducts HSE inspections and risk assessments of workplaces, promotes safe conduct of work, identifies hazard techniques, designs risk mitigation measures, and communicates corrective measures to Management. Carries-out Job Safety Analysis to determine operational / activity hazards and facilitating suitable solutions.
- Develops and conducts trainings on OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, Behavior-Based Safety, HSE Risk Assessments, MSDS, Handling of Hazardous Materials, First Aid, Fire Prevention that ensure the stakeholders / process owners are issued with adequate instructions, creating awareness, and encourages a HSE culture amongst employees.
- Actively promotes and communicates HSE through internal meetings, training courses, and cooperation. Promotes HSE awareness and commitment through personal example and relationship building within the organization.
- Implements behavior-based safety programs and ensures regular inspections for safety observations (i.e. unsafe acts and unsafe conditions). Coordinates activities on emergency preparedness.
- Oversees and facilitates HSE permits, concessions and notices.
- Develops, monitors, and oversees Wastewater Treatment QA ensuring disposal procedures are compliant to local regulatory requirements.Monitors proper disposal of hazardous materials and hazardous waste, as well as those generated in each work area.
- Monitors the following other HSE activities, and ensures that corrective actions are implemented, where necessary:
- Safe Work Permits.
- Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations.
- Coordinates and participates in the investigation of accidents and near-misses.
- Reviews and analyzes accidents and near-miss incidents and formulates preventive and corrective actions, and recommendations.
- Ensures regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintains records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
- Regular inspection of fire-fighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Maintains Eye Wash / Safety Shower (if required), first aid facilities and personal protective equipment as demanded by the nature of the work and MSDS.
- Assists in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Supervises on-site doctors and medical emergency response preparation and implementation.
- Maintains record for all chemicals and dangerous goods used / stored at the premises, their Material Safety Data Sheets and advices management/staff on safe handling / transport and storage practices.
- Ensures that operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions for their operations.
- Prepares written HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance.
- Provides HSE improvement proposals stating the non-conformances, proposed corrective actions, required resources for corrective actions, and plans of implementation.
- Investigate the root cause HSE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors.
- Other HSE compliance modules.
Education, experience and skills:
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Chemistry, Food Technology, Dairy Technology or any Science-related courses (preferably with Diploma / Certificate course in Industrial Safety or OSHAS / EMS Certification).
- Minimum 3 years FMCG beverage manufacturing experience (NCBs and CSDs) with HSE experience.
- Thorough knowledge on Manufacturing Process (NCBs and CSDs), and HSE Systems implementation.
- Hands on experience and practical knowledge on industrial safety and environmental management.
- Thorough knowledge in Wastewater Treatment QA.
- Updated on HSE regulatory requirements and specifications in UAE and Oman.
- Industrial safety.
- Wastewater management.
- Qualified in implementation of EMS and OHSAS. Qualified in HSE practices.
- PET manufacturing (Bottled Water, Juice).
- FSSC22000, Laboratory Management System or similar quality systems.
- Fluent level in English communication (oral and written). Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Computer proficient.
- Analytical and has attention to details.
- Highly-developed influencing skills.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and motivation.
- Business driven / pragmatic decision maker who behaves as a process owner.
- Capable of evaluating / analyzing technical data and organizing / presenting technical information.
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent.
- Waste Management Professional or equivalent.
About the Company
A leading FMCG company in GCC.