Job description / Role
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking human resources advisor to join our established and growing team in MENA.
The MENA HR Advisor provides an effective people-related support function to the MENA region and is the key point of contact for new, current, and exiting employees in relation to their employment matters, specifically for the UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), Oman, Egypt, Pakistan, Cyprus and the Maldives. They will also help to assist their HR colleagues in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Acting as the primary point of contact for all employees on HR queries, regarding policies, benefits and other HR-related matters and responds accordingly.
• Creating and issuing HR communications, letters and associated documentation in line with terms and conditions and company policy.
• Working with the HS&W function on delivering the wellbeing strategy to the region.
• Preparing reports, presentations, communications, data summaries, and/or other documents/information.
• Managing sensitive information effectively and always maintains discretion and confidentiality.
• Reviewing and updating employee handbooks and contracts, when required.
• Ensuring that all new and existing line managers are briefed on the HR procedures.
• Tracking employee assignments and issue relevant agreements.
• Managing the on-boarding of new hires and ensuring the highest level of experience for new joiners.
• Coordinating with the HR administrator and PRO team to make sure all visa applications are accurate and made in a timely manner.
• Coordinating the benefits administration with the HR Services team (medical and life enrolments).
• Working closely with managers to identify employee learning and development needs.
• Assisting and supporting the annual performance management cycle.
• Managing the off-boarding employees and extending the same level of services to leaver procedures.
• Sending resignation acknowledgement, exit checklist and final settlements to employees leaving the company.
• With a relevant degree qualification in Human Resources, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, having knowledge of Oracle systems would be beneficial.
• You can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You must have experience of working in an HR support role and have knowledge of Middle East labour laws.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.