Human Resources and Finance Director
Job description / Role
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students.
The Director Human Resources and Finance has the overall responsibility for the HR function, including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, personnel record-keeping, grievances, training and workforce development and Visa process administration and compliance with UAE HR laws and regulations. In addition to ensuring the financial health of the University and delivery of effective financial management administration by establishing effective financial management to ensure appropriate management and administration of University resources across Campus.
HR Planning and Development
• Prepare the annual HR Plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the University
• Prepare organization structure and manpower plan and issue signed and approved version to all relevant BUs/ Departments and Offices.
• Prepare budget of human resources operations including recruitment budget.
• Identify and recommend HR Projects/Programs in accordance with the University’s Strategic Plan.
Recruitment, Staff Mobilization and Induction
• Responsible for developing the recruitment plan as per approved organization structure against vacant positions.
• Establish sourcing requirements, prepare recruitment budget and design and implement recruitment methods.
• Manage the recruitment and selection processes and make recommendation to the CEO for final selection.
• Develop induction and orientation programs to ensure that new employees are oriented to the university and its policies and to foster positive attitude toward university goals.
HR Practices and Systems
• Develop, implement, maintain and review HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent employee management.
• Update the University’s employee handbooks and assist management in creating new policies.
• Analyze statistical data and reports and monitor HR metrics to identify and develop recommendations for improvement of the University's HR policies and practices.
• Conducts job analysis and job evaluation studies, and makes recommendations based on analysis of results.
• Develop compensation plans and align performance management systems with compensation structure.
• Support the development of performance appraisal system and competency model
• Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management.
• Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with the CEO.
• Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well-managed and meet the requirements of the Board’s policies, best practice and employment legislation.
• Administer leave management scheme including vacation, sick leave and leave of absence.
• In conjunction with the finance department, administer payroll, overtime, final settlements, and other related items.
• Ensure university authorization procedures are followed and necessary paperwork issued for salary/ job changes, contract extensions etc.
• Keep up to date with statuary requirements, visa and labor law and legal developments and advice management on compliance and risk factors.
HR Records, MIS and Reports
• Prepare regular reports on HR services progress to mitigate risks and ensure business continuity.
• Develop required HR MIS reports to facilitate effective planning and decision making.
Performance and Talent Development
• Coordinate with Heads of BUs and Departments to review and publish staff annual performance appraisals to ensure effectiveness, compliance, equity within organization and that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
• Make recommendations on a cost-effective management development program to support the University’s people management strategies.
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Support the annual budgeting process and ensure compliance to budget variance.
• Ensure that Financial Analysis is deployed and monthly, semester wise and annual financial reports are produced.
• Compliance with Financial Audit and Control.
Accounts and Contracts Management.
• Oversee accounting book keeping activities and ensure that monthly data is required on the accounts system.
• Oversee the accounts Payable and Receivable, and ensure that expenses and liabilities are managed in a timely manner and within the assigned budget.
• Ensure Contract & Procurement Services are delivered to stakeholders in a timely manner and ensure terms’ compliance of commercial contracts entered by JU.
• Ensure that Student Billing is done accurately and on time at the beginning of each semester / term,
• Oversee collection activities and ensure collection is done as per JU finance polices
• Ensure that the Student Financial Records Management is up to date and accurate.
• Ensure that the Book Store is properly administered.
AED 22,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• A degree in an appropriate management discipline or HR related discipline.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in human resources with three years in managerial role.
• CIPD or SHRM qualified.
• Basic Knowledge in accounting.
• Financial Planning and budgeting experience.
• Track record in resourcing and talent planning, design of HR functional procedures, administration of HR services and employees relations.
• In-depth knowledge of employment practices and UAE labour law.
• Strong employment relations experience in handling disputes and grievances.
• Arabic speaker is required.
The successful candidate must be a confident, decisive thinker, results oriented with strong moral code and able to develop and manage relationships across the university based on trust, teamwork and knowledge.
The position demands a strong team leadership skills, demonstrable knowledge of HR models and trends; excellent oral and written communication skills; effective management and organizational skills; the ability to work independently and to attend to multiple projects simultaneously.
About the Company
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies. Our bachelor programs in Health Science, Education and Arabic studies are under accreditation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Recruitment Consultant