Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Performs routine engineering, design, analysis or other technical tasks utilizing current technology and available standards, templates and catalogued products with supervision. Creates original designs and products. Implements the Company Procedures Manual while seeking improvements to work process and design approaches
- Supports adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports the processes for checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Ensure recognised onshore & offshore engineering practices applicable to Instrumentation & Control design engineering are adopted.
- Knows the discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, squad checking, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Provide technical support within the discipline team, liaise with the project team, and consult with relevant resources as required.
Job Specific Knowledge :
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Has an intermediate understanding of regulations, codes and industry standard practices
- Experience in brown fields & asset services type project / contracts.
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the Instrumentation & Control discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- A good working knowledge of applicable local standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent in the use of relevant software and Instrumentation & Control discipline specific software.
- Good design experience on systems such as DCS, ESD, SCADA, Foundation Fieldbus, Telecoms and F&G systems.
- Familiarity with SHELL DEPs, BP recommend practices and International codes and standards.
- Shall be conversant with MS office. Valve sizing calculations, flow element sizing calculations.
- Experience in SPI and SIL studies and ability to provide input to control and shutdown narrative would be added advantage.
Industry Specific Experience :
- Minimum 8 years Instrumentation & Control engineering experience in oil and gas for offshore and onshore projects
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.