Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation.
Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You'll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
As the Lead Data Scientist your responsibilities will include
- Lead an agile DevSecOps software team to create innovative applications.
- Lead a team in data-science and machine-learning efforts in support of PwC clients.
- Responsible for management, oversight and day-to-day tasks for the EmTech Labs.
- Oversee exploratory data analysis of sample data sets to advise the the EmTech Lab leads on the incorporation of AI into their labs and applications.
- Consult with UX designer and Creative lead on the incorporation of user-originated training data/metadata to support future machine learning projects.
- Analyze requirements, estimate production time, design solutions, code solutions, test solutions, and document work.
- Assist in the definition of application architecture.
- Mentor team of data scientists and provides algorithmic recommendations depending on the data set, acting as SME.
- Ensure adherence to best practices, management processes, and technical constraints.
- Design and conduct training on AI/ML, NPL techniques.
- Assist in the drafting of business cases, project plans, test reports, risk assessments, and other project specific documentation.
- Acts as client liaison in the development of application functional documentation, including technical specs document, technical data sheets, operational manuals, and training materials.
- Must be functional in a coach/player role.
To be successful in this role, your background will include the following
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or similar engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in agile/scrum software development, data science settings with a focus on developing projects using AI/ML technologies, DevSecOps and cloud environments (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean).
- Strong experience with NoSQL, Relational, Multimodal and Graph databases.
- Strong experience with Machine Learning algorithms, techniques and tools.
- Strong system architecture and design experience to include deploying production enterprise applications in cloud environments that use AI/ML.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services deployments.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages in Python, R and Java.
- Experience in Design Thinking workshops and all related activities, designing solutions that balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints, and including design strategy, service design, design research.
- Experience planning and executing customer design projects through holistic understanding of problem areas, iterative solution design, executive stakeholder management, and integration of business and technical experts.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research and synthesizing to provide insights, identify opportunities, and generate conceptual frameworks.
- Experience with opensource development tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
- Experience coordinating activities to scope and schedule work and providing accurate work estimates for the deployment of new features.
- Experience disseminating tasks and reviewing work outputs of lower level data scientists.
- Ability to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to present concepts, ideas, and results to team members and clients.
- Master's degree in Data Science.
- Architectural design, sequence diagrams.
- Data science and governance.
- Wireframe software tools.
- Software quality analysis.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Visio, MS DevOps, and MS Project.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.