Job description / Role
IFS - Finance Applications - Senior Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Financial Analysis and Reporting team is responsible for managing PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As part of the team, you'll help with budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, shared services and financing.
Finance Technology is a key team within Finance in PwC ME, managing and supporting finance applications from both a business as usual and project perspective.
The main focus of the role is to provide support to users across the Middle East in relation to the firm's finance systems and ensuring critical matters are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Support the day to day management of the firm's finance systems and ensuring their smooth operation across the Finance function and wider business.
- Support system upgrade and patching processes including user acceptance testing cycles and working with the Finance Application Manager, IT teams and other support teams to ensure the upgrade process is completed successfully.
- Support Finance transformation projects involving the firm's finance systems.
- Ensure critical matters and any disruption of services are escalated to the Finance Applications Manager in a reliable and timely manner.
- Supporting master data management , security and other system administration activities.
- Developing in depth functional knowledge of the firm's finance systems.
- Provide level 2 support to users, liaising with other internal functions, hosting centres and vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner with minimal disruption to operations.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the impact and opportunities of upgrades / new system implementations on business processes and support the associated change management.
Learning & Growth
- Provide training on financial systems to new joiners
- Provide training on system changes due to upgrades / implementation of new systems to existing staff
- Capture system changes, functional documentation and other relevant documents into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members.
- Minimum of a University education, preferably majoring in Computer Science.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage.
Overall & Specific Experience
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in ERP management.
- Understanding of different finance business processes and knowledge of financial aspects of an ERP solution is critical.
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the software industry.
- Experience in Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS) preferred.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel, in writing and verbally.
- Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships at all levels across the business.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills.
- Thorough with an eye for detail.
- Ethical Conduct.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.