Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Financial Analysis and Reporting team is responsible for managing PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As part of the team, you'll help with budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, shared services and financing.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team sits within the Middle East (ME) Finance team and is responsible for all financial reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting for PwC ME. The FP&A Senior Associate (BI) is focused on the development of BI dashboards for PwC ME and working with the central data team to assist in the continued development of the data warehouse.
- Develop dashboards and other reports as per business requirements.
- Ensure verification and reconciliation of all dashboards and other reports prior to publication.
- Ensure dashboards and reports are kept in line with system upgrades and changes.
- Assist in the continued development of the data warehouse to ensure full end to end solution.
- Support the FP&A Leader to meet business reporting requirements and develop the most appropriate solution(s) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the reporting cycle, processes, tools, templates and key deadlines and work in line with them
Learning & Growth
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database
- Responsible for the continuing professional and technical development of self and junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in MI, Business Management, Computer Science, or Information Science
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in management information reporting environment
- Experience in financial reporting preferred
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the BI domain
- Expertise with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
- Good knowledge or experience in deployment and administration of SSRS Reports and SQL Report Server / Power BI Report Server.
- Understanding of database schema design, query optimization, and SQL Server troubleshooting. Strong knowledge of relational databases, stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and advanced logical methods.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing BI solutions including ETL, cube processing and reporting errors.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts and Dimensional Modelling.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a huge plus
- Passionate about customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel, in writing and verbally
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships at all levels across the business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills
- Thorough with an eye for detail
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.