Job description / Role
IFS - Financial Solutions Associate, Dubai
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
DFSI is responsible for the Firm’s finance solutions and information. The Digital Finance Solutions Officer is focused on supporting the Digital Finance Solutions Senior Officer and Digital Finance Solutions Manager in the development and continuous improvement of the firm’s finance systems and ensuring of its smooth operation across the finance function.
The person also is responsible to provide support so the finance systems are kept up to date, support levels provided to its users and also ensuring critical matters are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Providing support to ensure the firms finance systems and ensuring its smooth operation across the finance function.
• Providing support to ensure the systems are kept up to date with necessary version changes as provided by respective vendors
• Ensuring adequate support levels are provided to users and issues raised are resolved in a timely manner with minimal disruption to operations.
• Ensuring critical matters are escalated to Digital Finance Solutions Senior Officer in a timely manner
• Ensuring any disruption of services are communicated are escalated to Digital Finance Solutions Senior Officer in a timely manner
• Providing support to ensure master data, security and other system administer activities are administered in a responsible manner.
• Ensuring the use of the firm’s systems are for the benefit of the firm and any abuse or misuse is reported to Digital Finance Solutions Senior Officer in a timely manner. Deliver timely and high quality feedback to users on various system changes.
• Provide support to ensure that all system upgrades, downtimes or any disruption of services is planned and communicated in a timely manner.
Learning & Growth
• Assist in capturing system changes, functional documentation and other relevant documents into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• Awareness of global best practices and trends in the software industry
• Good analytical and data skills
• Good consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
• Knowledge of and experience in several of the following areas but not limited to: Cisco Network technologies, web hosting, Cyber Security. Enterprise SAN and Server/Desktop virtualisation. Enterprise Java and Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, .Net/TFS, SQL Server and SSIS)
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team to develop and implement a vision that reflects local nuances, but is aligned to Global direction of the firm
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent communications skills in English, including written communication skills
• Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload, time management skills and proactivity needed
• Good decision making skills
• Capability to work well in a team
• Skilled in maintaining client relationships
• Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
• Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.