Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll help our local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Talent and Performance team helps identify key talent value drivers specific to our business and focus on metrics based assessments of our talent management and talent drivers and identifying skills, roles, and people required to deliver our business strategy. You'll focus on enhancing performance management within PwC to offer benefits that are critically appealing to our employees which include career paths with a variety of opportunities, differentiated reward and recognition outcomes, and a culture of high performance and real-time feedback.
The Regional X-LoS Talent & Performance Senior Manager works with the Regional Head of Talent, Performance and Development to develop, define and implement the Talent and Performance Agenda for the ME. They lead performance and talent management for ME (X-LoS); plans and implements the talent and performance strategy, timelines activities and measures of success. Develops and drives talent management and succession initiatives aligned to the diversity and inclusion agenda, such as mentoring, sponsorship, staff councils, targeted gender interventions, talent programmes etc.
- Work with the Regional Head of Talent, Performance & Development to plan and budget for the Talent and Performance practices across the region.
- Act as a trusted advisor in career progression and people related matters
- Conduct training sessions to both, appraisers and appraisees to ensure transparency of the process and high quality assessment write ups
- Main point of contact for any performance related activities - liaising with HC Business Leads to ensure consistency and alignment
- Manage and lead Director Panels - entire project start to end - communication, liaising with partners, nominees, panellists and reporting to People Leadership Team (PLT)
- Manage communication on all activities related to performance
- Manage Talent Programmes (end to end) including identification, design and implementation
- Lead the Performance process for the staff in the region from initial stages up to completion
- Maintain high quality standards in the assessment write ups review/quality checks and provides relevant feedback to appraisers to ensure enhancements
- Manage the pre and post reporting processes to ensure timely and accurate input to inform decisions
- Oversee the upskilling of Career Coaches e.g training, briefings to ensure they are effective in their role
- Main point of contact on talent and performance for local HC leads
- Keep track of any changes, feedback and gaps and highlighting them to the Regional Talent, Performance & Development Lead
- Oversee the management of performance-related systems, databases and tools
- Work closely with Head of Reward to align where required, performance strategy/processes to reward and recognition
Learning & Growth
- Lead the assessment and development of different ways to improve and enhance the quality of current HC Services and drive forward changes to deliver improvements.
- Develop and maintain transparent HR policies and practices that build a positive work environment promoting an organization culture that supports the business strategy and company values
- Create a friendly work environment that promotes a culture of trust, knowledge sharing and growth of all team members
- Ensure the team has the necessary resources to perform autonomously while encouraging decision making and problem solving skills
- Develop members on the team from a technical standpoint
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Master's Degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Professional Certification in Human Resources is preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 7+ years of experience, with at least 4 years in a Human Resources management position within a leading regional organization and experience across all employee lifecycle activities such as L&D, operations, performance management, talent and development programmes is preferred
- Significant experience in Talent, Development and Performance Management in an international professional services environment
- In depth knowledge of human resource management best practices
- Proven track record in Talent, Development & Performance Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of talent management processes, including succession planning, performance management, talent development programmes, mentoring and sponsorship programmes.
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion strategy and related talent initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities
- Ability to draw information from several areas and transfer requests and solutions to Specialised Teams, Resource Hubs and Local Teams within the People Team
- Excellent project management and change management skills is preferred
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
- Ability to gather and analyse complex business requirements and advise on creative optimal solutions from an HR perspective
- Solid presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to influence Partners of LoS, Function Leads to meet the HC support needs of the business, while maintaining a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A successful track record in leading and managing people
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approachability
- Strong conflict resolution/management skills
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.