Job description / Role
IFS - IT - AV Support and Virtual Session Administrator - Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
We are looking for a new technical (AV & virtual collaboration) event support person to assist in elevating the digital aspect of physical and virtual meetings and workshops. The role will be based in the PwC experience center (EC) - our new, world class, collaboration space.
The perfect candidate for this role would be passionate about bringing the latest and most impactful technology solutions to improve the overall virtual collaboration and experiences across all workshops occurring in the experience center (EC). You will need to leverage your technical knowledge, business and digital acumen to enhance virtual meetings and workshops.
We are looking for a tech and event design focused individual with a strong understanding of technical equipment (ex. MacO, networking, AV/TV equipment) as well as extensive experience in virtual collaboration tools.
Your role will include innovating using existing technology to create seamless virtual and physical experiences, as well as looking into the market to bring new forms of tech into PwC EC.
The role requires flexible working patterns - due to the nature of the work (events) the candidate will sometimes need to work outside of normal business hours.
- Take a leading role in creating innovative collaboration solutions through technology
- Support in the assessment, planning, and design of virtual experiences across all meetings and workshops occuring in the EC
- Leverage and research new virtual collaboration tools and platforms (e.g. G-Suite, Mural, Miro, Menti, Zoom, WebEx etc.) to create interactive digital experiences.
- Lead communication with clients and internal teams to understand their digital capabilities and technical needs across engagements
- Understand, administer and maintain the AV equipment and AV infrastructure within the Experience Centre.
- Run regular L&D sessions to upskill the team on existing and new tech (including creating guides for the tech in the space)
- Ensure all the team's technology is operational day to day, allowing the team to work efficiently
- Work with ME IT team to procure new technology items where required
- Catalog and manage all tech assets in the space and make sure that the team is aware of what technology is available for them to use and what technology is fit for what purpose.
Key Skills Technical
- AV Knowledge (cameras, mics, screen set-up)
- IT equipment setup and deployment
- MacOS and Macbook hardware/ Windows10 software and Windows hardware/ iOS/Android, iPhone hardware
- Office365 and Microsoft Office suite
- Networking hardware and software
- High level administrative, organisational and problem- solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure during live events (i.e regional broadcasts & livestreams)
- Collaborative and supportive approach to working with others (must be a strong communicator)
- Experience of collaboration tools (ex. G-Suite, Zoom, webex, Surface hubs, others)
- Basic presentation skills (E.g. the ability to create PowerPoint presentations, canvases and templates).
- Proficiency in the use of multimedia and innovative concepts to develop engaging and high quality digital/physical experiences
- Production skills that could include graphic design, script- writing, camera operation, TV production, video and photo editing, and sound engineering
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.