Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
Deals R&Q are looking for an experienced Senior Associate/Manager candidate to join the Deals Risk and Quality ("R&Q") team based in Dubai. This individual will be supporting the Deals R&Q team to drive the risk and quality agenda across Deals.
About the Team
The Deals business is comprised of Infrastructure and Government, Business Recovery Services, Corporate Finance, Forensics Services and Transaction Services. The Deals R&Q team is a dynamic team that operates in the Deals fast-paced and exciting transaction-oriented business environment. The Deals R&Q team's primary purpose is to provide trusted advisor risk and quality advice to the Deals business in order to help client-facing teams effectively manage and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputational risk.
This role will have a broad range of activities including:
- Supporting the Deals R&Q team in queries from client facing staff and providing pragmatic advice and solutions to their R&Q queries.
- Building trusted relationships across Deals and other support teams, acting as a dedicated business advisor to Partners and Directors.
- Proactively providing support to teams pursuing larger, or more complex opportunities (e.g. cross-border working).
- Negotiating with clients on contracting challenges, with support from Office of the General Counsel and senior stakeholders in the business.
- Delivering training to partners and staff across Deals, including one-to-one sessions and seminar-based training.
This wide ranging exposure to the Deals business will support the selected individual's personal development and enable ongoing progression. To support you, you will work under the guidance / supervision of the Deals R&Q team. There is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn and develop in this role.
The role will provide the successful candidate with
- The opportunity to work closely with Deals partners across the business.
- An opportunity to get involved with some of the most high profile, complex and risky engagements Deals are delivering.
- An ability to help Deals to deliver against strategy.
- The opportunity to work in a face paced, mentally stimulating, dynamic environment where no two days are the same.
- An opportunity to develop a solid Risk Management technical base.
- A stable working location.
What you need
- Ability to communicate clearly with strong presentation skills and provide firm and concise advice.
- Clear understanding of commercial / client-facing issues and associated risk procedures and understanding of technology would be an advantage.
- Ability to interact with others & demands providing support and/or influencing, with the flexibility to change behavior where necessary.
- Intellectual capacity to make decisions with strong analytical, organisational and project management skills.
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- The selected individual will be a Manager or an experienced Senior Associate with client facing experience in working with a Financial Advisory firm or in an internal Risk & Quality role in a Big 4.
- The individual must be proficient in English and preferably an Arabic speaker (but not a must).
Delivering distinctive quality is core to the PwC brand and managing risk is an important and integral component of ensuring that whatever we do is sustainable and enhances our brand. Differentiating ourselves from our competitors is fundamental to winning new engagements and building lasting relationships with clients. This encompasses all aspects of the engagement life cycle from the initial decision on which opportunities to pursue through to proposal submission and successful delivery. Deals continues to grow across the region and there are increasingly complex quality and risk aspects that need to be addressed to support our continued success.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.