This position is closed or expired.
See other Admin jobs
Position: Immigration Liaison Office Administrative Assistant
Grade: Band 11
Contract: Part Time (21 hours per week), 12 Month Contract
The British Embassy in Dubai has a vacancy for a part-time Immigration Liaison Office Administrative Assistant in the Risk and Liaison Overseas Network (RALON) office.
The RALON office has responsibility for identifying threats to the UK border by preventing inadequately documented passengers from reaching the UK, providing risk assessment to the UK visa sections, and supporting criminal investigations against individuals and organisations which cause harm to the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Due to the nature of the work, only candidates that can obtain a high level of security clearance can be accepted.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a general administrative and office support role working in a busy office of 6 staff.
• General administrative support to include electronic scanning, filing of documents and printing of training handouts and certificates as required.
• Data entry and record-keeping in support of RALON activities.
• Undertaking database checks upon request to support upstream intelligence reporting.
• Collecting basic data to support monthly reporting, training activities and stakeholder requests.
• Liaison with corporate services in relation to administrative tasks completed on behalf of the unit.
• Answering ad hoc queries on behalf of the team via the email, fax and telephone.
• Meeting and greeting visitors when required and occasional attendance at stakeholder events held both on the premises and externally.
• Managing and updating the contacts via Outlook and assisting with maintaining the shared calendar.
• Managing the office stationary requirements and raising work requests.
• Take part in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
• Working with Others
• Delivering Results
Key Selection Criteria
This is a job working within a busy team and requires the ability to respond quickly to ad-hoc queries as well as carrying out everyday key functions. The suitable candidate should have experience working in an office environment and should have:
• Strong IT skills and literacy in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Excellent team-working and communication skills.
• Proven organisational ability.
Working Hours and Remuneration
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: salary of AED 3515 per month (pro-rata), Band 11; performance bonus; five weeks’ vacation (pro-rata) per annum; medical insurance; free on-site parking ; and free access to on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities.
Conditioned working hours are 21 hours per week. This is to be worked as: either 3 full days from 07.30am until 2.30pm or, as 5 hours, 4 days a week between Sunday and Thursday. The successful candidate will, on occasions, be required to be available to work outside normal working hours.
Potential candidates for the position will be invited to take a short written assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited back for an interview.
(a) All applicants should submit a Statement of Suitability (no more than 1 page of A4) setting out why you are the suitable person for this role. Your statement should include clear examples of how you meet the key selection criteria.
(b) A typed CV of no more than three pages.
For Gulf Talent applications, please upload your statement of suitability to either the comments section in your online profile, or as an attachment as part of your manually uploaded CV. Candidates who do not provide a statement of suitability will not be sifted.
The closing date for all applications is 11th July 2013. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, religion, belief, marital status, creed or age.
About the Company
The British Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai represent Her Majesty's Government in the United Arab Emirates. The Embassy in Abu Dhabi is the focus for bilateral relations between Britain and the Federal Government. The Embassy in Dubai supports the bilateral relationship but with a strong focus on developing trade and economic ties between Britain and Dubai and the Northern Emirates.