Job description / Role
Leading Freight Forwarder / NVOCC/ Customs House Broker, with Head office in Dubai, is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to cover all aspects of Import and Export Operations for air, ocean road shipments, for its Dubai office.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
• Preparing daily activities including: Customs clearance, answering emails, preparing delivery orders and coordinating the pickup and delivery of cargo.
• Preparing quotations / Inside Sales.
• Working with Agents, carrier, co-loader to procure and negotiate rates.
• Receiving, reviewing, and processing import/export documentation for an assigned base of accounts.
• Processing documents through the system and interface and providing updates and communications for internal and external customers to produce timely and compliant transactions.
• Coordinating the release of goods from the carrier Customs, Ports or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
• Tracing key transaction information such as HBL, commercial invoice, and other required documents to determine if record is available.
• Learning and applying UAE Government regulations (ie. Customs clearance).
• Coordinating shipments with Consignees and Brokers.
• Corresponding with overseas agents and clients.
• Working with steamship line /airlines/trucking companies to obtain quotations and handle the movement of freight.
• Developing and maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Handling the files from A to Z.
• 3 to 5 years experience in handling Import/Export shipments with a freight forwarder
• Experience in the customs documentation process
• strong procurement/negotiation skills
• Be able to work independently, multi-task, be a team player and work in a fast-paced environment
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
About the Company
As the world has grown in its complexities, the challenge of connecting the source to the bearer has grown in leaps and bounds. We, at Orchid Shipping understand that the capability of connecting people proficiently is very essential to optimise the supply chain and enhance the growth of industry and trade. And the preference for efficiency is a pleasant yet recent development. Hence Orchid Shipping extends a professional hand to you, promising efficiency and precision in every aspect of trade and transportation through land, sea and air.
To meet the specific needs of each of our customers, the solutions we offer are multifaceted in nature. In addition, to facilitate safe delivery, Orchid Shipping, in collaboration with our domestic and international forwarding partners, streamlines the product transport flow by enhancing the logistics required in product manufacturing processes and distribution. Innovation is the buzzword in our organization when it comes to serving our customers and we keep on exploring smart ways of maintaining cost efficiency by combining different modes of transportation without compromising on the quality in terms of speed, capacity and environmental aspects.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Customer Service Representative
Gulf Polymers Distribution Company
Customer Service Representative
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East