Job description / Role
The major responsibility of the Information Security Manager is to take the lead and provide a focal point for security and information risk matters. The post holder will be responsible for plans to develop and improve information security at Taaleem.
• Develop and maintain the information security policy and accompanying standards, procedures and guidance.
• To develop and deliver a programme of planned compliance reviews and ensure any gaps are addressed.
• To promote security awareness by developing and implementing a security awareness and training programme.
• To provide high quality Information Security guidance documentation.
• To investigate suspected and actual security incidents, produce reports with recommendations and ensure any remedial action is taken.
• To carry out vulnerability assessments of systems and processes, identifying potential vulnerabilities, to make recommendations to control any risks identified and to ensure they are implemented.
• Respond to enquiries from staff and provide security advice as required.
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop relationships to help promote and improve information security and provide security advice on initiatives as required.
• Work with external stakeholders for example PwC, KPMG, internal auditors as required.
• Maintain currency with emerging security trends, risks, new guidance or standards (internal and external) and security enhancing technologies.
• To oversee the ITSS Information Security Risk Register and carry out actions to mitigate risks identified.
• To lead by example and provide security guidance and advice on best practice to staff at all levels and students.
Location: Taaleem Central Office
• Professional Information Security Management certifications - CISM
• Understanding of, and practical experience of applying the Data Protection Act, and other related legislation, standards and codes of practice.
• A good working knowledge of information security including ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Standard.
• Ability to lead and deliver change and contribute to culture change successfully.
• Ability to influence at senior levels on matters relating to security and information risk.
• Good working knowledge of information risk analysis/management.
• Apply quality management principles and processes.
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.