Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Infrastructure Design Manager
Reporting to the senior design manager, responsible for design management deliverables on the infrastructure package within a large programme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the infrastructure design service and interacting with the group of technical specialists.
• Overseeing delivery of the design for the various portions of the project by verifying consistency in the designs produced by the design consultants with respect to adherence to the design criteria and required standards.
• Participating in design reviews and facilitating the value engineering of design consultant’s solutions.
• Ensuring a cohesive design management process is adhered to throughout all stages of the scheme.
• Assisting the scope development and tendering process by the senior engineering staff for procurement of the design consultants as well as third party reviewers.
• Monitoring the compliance with the project brief.
• Monitoring the progress against the project scope.
• Keeping the project management team informed as to changes made to ensure timely processing of contract change orders.
• Maintaining overall knowledge of drawings, specifications, general contracts and time schedules.
• Managing the responses to design RFIs and review/comment on change orders.
• Scheduling of design reviews at all gateways and control points.
• Organising and managing technical review team resource and input.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Experience working in Abu Dhabi and knowledge of the local municipality design regulations.
• Major infrastructure project experience related to residential developments is essential for client approval.
• Ability to build, develop and integrate within teams.
• Good IT skills.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• A relevant degree qualification.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.